Hi, Just put a basket case of a backhoe back together, a JCB 1400B (1985ish). As I was not the person who disassembled the shuttle drive and gearbox, I'm have trouble finding out what was attached to the top of the shuttle drive. I've blocked off the port as it was squirting out fluid, so it is obviously not meant to be a vent. There is no sign of any loose hoses or pressure senders in that area. I am quite curious what it is for. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks Travis
Maybe to connect a line to the oil cooler? :beatsme
Thanks for the thought. I should have mentioned there are two other ports going to the rad with a crossover in between them. It was a nice feeling to see it leave the shop under its own power after two years of sitting waiting for parts and motivation. Only thing electrical working on it at the moment is the start button I wired in just to start the engine. There is a bit of work ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it. Cheers.
I did some maintenance on a friend's JCB 1400 last year and went to this JCB dealer for the correct oil and parts I needed. http://www.johnsequipmentsales.com/parts.page Any questions I had on the mechanics were referred to a young mechanic, who stopped what he was doing and came out to talk to me. I've never seen this kind of help at a dealer and it was only the one mechanic that they called each time, as he knew the older JCB machines. Perhaps you could e-mail them. See if you can get a service manual in CD. If you do let me know. Just a long shot; might be one of the connections used for an optional remote filter, or a test port. Phil
It goes to the oil cooler. I have the service manual with a picture of the transmission and the associated pipeing. I am new to the forum and I don't know how to post the picture or if I permission to do so.
thanks for the replies. I've got too rubber lines coming from the oil cooler (~ 3/4") that are connected to steel lines going into two port on the shuttle drive. There is no sign of where this other port should go. Maybe it was a test port for a mechanical gauge?