Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with JD 555gw serial number (year of manufacture)

Joe Nowak ยท 2022-08-20 00:41

Hi guys, I think I've finally found a crawler loader I want to buy. Its a JD 555GW crawler loader. The serial number is TO555GW767453. It's the older 13 digit number and I've been having trouble trying to find what year it is. I think it's in the high 80's, low 90's. Can anyone help me out? Thanks guys.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612022-08-20 05:51

    It is either 1989 or 1990. The build date is listed as N/A. But the delivery date to the first customer was in April of 1990.

  2. #2Joe Nowak2022-08-20 10:28

    Thanks mg. That's about what I was thinking. I would assume I'd need to know that if I need to order parts. Thanks again.

  3. #3mg23612022-08-21 05:57

    Model year means nothing in the equipment world. Always, when looking for parts or service information, use the complete machine serial number.