Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with Kubota SVL-90 CTL undercarriage.

Legdoc · 2025-12-26 19:06

My lightly used SVL-90C has 1200 hours and needs tracks due to full width cracks all the way to the cables. I don't want to run them to failure in the interest of safety especially on uneven terrain. All rollers and idlers are free with no excessive slop. I have no undercarriage experience and want to do it properly but I don't want to throw away money. Advice in this situation is appreciated. Thank you

Replies10
  1. #1ozarkag2025-12-26 22:55

    Flip or replace sprockets. No need for any rollers or idlers till bearings go out.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-12-27 08:47

    Any pictures. I have run the Kevlar laced tracks with holes in them, complete strips missing. Every set I have replaced, looked terrible but after I got them off, always thought they could have gone way more. Unfortunately, I have been disappointed with most aftermarket tracks. Next set might go with McClaren.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-12-27 11:39

    Around here it seems bridgestones hold up the best about 1200 hours like you got seems to be there full life

  4. #4Legdoc2025-12-27 12:14

    The OEM tracks are Bridgestone

  5. #5AMBMike2025-12-27 17:25

    In my experience aftermarket tracks have been hit or miss, mostly miss. If you do go with aftermarket do some thorough research. At 1200 hrs your sprockets will surely be due for a flip at a minimum, probably replacement. No need to replace rollers or idlers unless they're obviously bad.

  6. #6Legdoc2025-12-27 19:21
  7. #7MG842025-12-27 19:41

    My guess is age and climate have done as much damage to them as hours of use. What year model is it? South Texas is hot with intense sun, rubber components live a very tough life in those conditions. My father lives in southern AZ and has similar problems. Tires that would last 20yrs here in VA last about 10yrs or less out there, I can only assume rubber tracks would be the same. As such, that's even more reason to go with OEM/Bridgestone tracks. Cheap rubber absolutely goes to crap in hot sun conditions.

  8. #8HarleyHappy2025-12-28 11:44

    My wife thinks I’m nuts when I put ArmorAll or put Tire shine on all my tires. Trailers, equipment, snow blower, lawn mower, every damn thing with tires or tracks. I use DOT 4 I think on my tracks, I accidentally bought the Silicone brake fluid once and found it cleans, shines and protects all rubber. Heck, I use the Silicone on my entry and garage door seals. I use Pig Spit and Honda Engine cleaner on my bikes. I have heard if people using hydraulic fluid for protection on rubber, I may give that a try as buying bottles of Armor All is getting expensive. Anything I can do, to delay the rubber compound from breaking down. It works.

  9. #9Legdoc2025-12-28 18:33

    I am going to get with a contact at Southern Tire Mart tomorrow to get a quote on a pair of Bridgestone tracks. I'll also check with the Kubota dealer out of morbid curiosity and will post the results.

  10. #10MG842025-12-29 08:58

    Kubota is showing three different track options (per Messicks), priced at ~ $1600, $2100, or $2600 per side. Not sure what the difference is, only gives part numbers with no description. Kubota SVL90 (Open Cab Tier3) Parts Diagrams Kubota Parts Catalog Lookup. Buy Kubota Parts Online & Save! messicks.com