i don't know a thing about laser levels....it's going to be used for building my house and pole barn.....would this 1 be good enough? http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CST-Berger-...ryZ42298QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem or do you know of something better at around this price? thanks:usa
they are not too bad.... nothing to accurate though... i belive that home depote carries the same brand and i think you can get it a little cheaper.. if i were i would buy an old david white transit it will take 2 people but it will be accurate
If you have a choice, go with an auto level laser.
what brand?.....i'm a 1 man show most of the time...lookin' for something i can use by myself... thanks for you guy's replys:usa
I have had good success with the Spectra LL100 units. I think they are made my Trimble. They are auto level, I see one on eBay for $595 free shipping. I think the CST is an OK unit, but for a few more $$$$ you can get a good unit. Good Luck
i didn't see that 1 on flebay.....thanks.....i like the 1/8" in 100'......twice as good as a 1/4" in 100'.....i'll be orderin' that... thanks again :usa
I have posted about this company before, check out EngineerSupply. They have that same CST at Ebay you posted for $55 cheaper. http://www.engineersupply.com But think about what you can do with the laser in the future, it may be worth spending a few hundred more for something with range and accuracy, plus maybe slope capability.
If you haven't got a lot of use for one after you've used it, it can be worth hiring for a week or two here and there, or hire one to have a go with so you know what you want out of one and have a bit more knoledge before you buy. I was once in your position, gaffer said lasers were no use and would never entertain having one. I went to a hire depot and had a go in the their yard then took one out for a week or two. Now we have several and use them for everything incuding dual grades as well, gaffer's now converted. Grade lasers are very good for doing any drainage work, bubble in the bedding then just leather pipes in.