I have a Spectra-Physics LaserPlane model 100. It worked fine for about 10 minutes and then the "Out-of-Level" sensor kicked in. If I turn it off and then back on it works for a minute or less. :beatsme Any suggestions? Do you know who to contact to get it looked at if it needs service? The batteries all test GOOD. I have the tripod firm in the ground. It is not moving. The bubble is well within the middle circle. It has been in the factory case in the truck for a week or so and it has been cold, maybe 40 degrees today. I don't remember if there are temperature restrictions for operation. I put it in the house for tonight to see if it will act better tomorrow. Article: Spectra-Physics Laserplane merged with Geotronics AB, Quadriga GmbH and Plus 3 Software Inc. to form Spectra Precision. Article: TRIMBLE TO ACQUIRE SPECTRA PRECISION.
Not sure what is wrong with it since that is a very old model. Not sure where exactly you are located but there is a Spectra Precision dealer and service center in Kalispell. http://www.montanalasers.com/ Also check if you have a local survey supply and service house. Now for the bad news if it is not a easy fix. Since that laser is so old it will probably cost way more to fix it than it is worth and that is if the parts are even available as those lasers are only worth about $100 if working.
I am in Bozeman. I stopped at http://www.selbys.com store. They have a service center in Billings. Since it is not a 'spinning laser', it has less repair value. :beatsme I might get away with ~$60 to check it or it might need expensive repairs or parts might not even be available or it might be toast. For now, I am going to see if I can blow it out with a can of 'air'.