I'm trying to locate a parts / service manual for this old JCB Backhoe. The problem I'm having is some of these manuals say for JCB 1550B M3xxxxx - M39xxxx. When I look at the tag I don't see anything that has Mxxxxx. Any ideas? Thanks
looks like 308244 would be you machine number. the tag that starts with 15/Tmeans its a 15 and turbo
Thanks. I think this is a 94 model? I was told this has a Perkins engine. Is LH962012 the correct serial number for it?
not sure on the year because your tag is a little different than my 87 1400B my tag is 14BN2037/325454/7... I think the 7 at the end means 87. yeah that LH number should be the engine number. Engine number should be stamped on the left side of engine under the injectors also...its pretty easy to see and may nave more numbers on the stamping-last ones should match tag
from my book that should be a turbo,4wd,built in 9th month of 4, I'm thinking it could be an 84, but either way make sure to get a service manual for the correct machine number-or wait till one comes around,because one for a different range wont do you much good...I found that out the hard way about 30 years ago
from my book that should be a turbo,4wd,built in 9th month of 4. the last /7 on mine means centre mount hoe
Trying to find a manual for a sidesshift isn't fun. I was able to locate one for a 1400B with a sideshift.
I'm pretty sure my service manual has both centremount and side shift in it. when I get back to the house I will check for sure. Not sure if it covers 1550 either. If it does I'll shoot you a link for it. You want a full blown workshop service manual not an operators manual.. They aren't much more than the glove box book you get in cars
+ That would be great! Thank you! I just bought a service manual that says Excavator Loader and covers 290000 to 400000. They said it was for a 1550B and was only $40, so I'll give it a try. I would like to get a parts book, but I can't get an answer from anyone selling these telling me which serial numbers they cover.
check out ebay item #363790901198 its Manufacturer Part Number: JCB 9803/3250 I just order one and it is perfect for my 1400B. You might want to ask the seller if it covers your machine. It was the one everyone on the forum was suggesting for the 1400B of my serial#. Hopefully someone else here chimes in. Just to let you know-it is a reprint and the paper and ink used arent the greatest, but it is all legible. I dont know why you havent gotten more input from the group, maybe give it some time. Ive found some good places for parts when you get down to it. JCB dealers will crush you with their prices on most stuff. I just ran into this https://jcb-manual.com/store/products/jcb-3c-loader-backhoe-1400b-1500b-parts-catalog-manual/ but I havent bought it nor now anything about it yet. It does frustrating getting part numbers. I bought a PDF of a parts book years ago, but it only had the break downs-no actual part numbers. But it was either cheap or free so wth? I dont claim to be an expert,but I have managed to keep my machines tip top mechanically since it was a few years old without going broke. If no one more knowledgable helps you out let me know when you start needing parts and I'll try to share where I have bought them and which places treated me the best
hell, I posted a question sunday it got 96 views but not a peep from anyone. Us JCB guys may now be forum ophans -LOL...I'll just tell myself its because nice weather is keeping everyone busy
I saw a JCB t/l/b on a job in Chicago once. It had a side-shift hoe on it. I thought it was awkward with the post style stabilizers. It was the year 1985 on the Stevenson Expressway renovation. Haven't seen one since.
03 MARCH 2020 HISTORIC DAY AS 750,000TH BACKHOE ROLLS OFF JCB PRODUCTION LINE....so there
and they're all still running,because us JCB guys just dont know when to quit.
Well, Thank you for the help! I guess I'm not surprised with the lack of people responding.. I knew before I bought this machine JCB wasn't popular in the states.. Probably why I save over 10k (before shipping) compared to a Deere or Case with the same hours...
What do you use for hydraulic oil?
I use regular AW 46 for the hydraulic system. I bought the last batch delivered from walmart.com Sinopec was selling for 33/5gal then it jumped to 45/5gal when I flushed it out 6 months ago. Not sure what the price is these days. I've always used T4 rotella 15/40 in the engine with some lucas additive. Transmission can be tricky depending on which automatic you have. MOST importantly DO NOT put brake fluid of any kind in the brake system!!!
Hi Gentlemen, I am looking at another JCB to perhaps purchase. Information that I have is 93 1550 I think serial # BT2011/362003/7. I am unsure exactly what that is. 3900 hours. Any ideas or advice? Thanks, Jim
Did you buy it?
This is from the manual I bought. $14.95 I also posted this as an answer afew days ago, But still haven't come up with a yr of build!
A According to my manual, 7 Means centermount!
I'm seeing Jan,1981 center mount, Could be wrong?
Any chance someone could help with identifying my JCB and year. I believe its a 1400B 14BN2048/334040/7 Thanks
My old dependable JCB 1550 just developed a serious knock in the engine (Leyland 4/98NT). Is there any way to remove the oil pan to take a look without pulling out the motor? The oil pan seems to be integrated into the machine frame and not removeable while the engine is in place. Any tips on pulling the engine if I must?
I just purchased a 1988 JCB 1400B from auction and need manuals. It has a manual transmission and seems to run fairly well. Trans leaks, but I will be using the rig solely on my 40 acre parcel and will keep topping off until it gets horrible. I'm in Southern Colorado (Walsenburg) and seek to network with others through my journey becoming a land-clearing GENIUS.