Anybody got a feel for what pile caps weigh? I have a couple I need to ship, and trying to come up with an approximate weight without throwing them in the truck and driving around until I find an unattended scale. The one with 4 guide slots measures (outside dimensions) 24"x24"x10" and has 19" between the leads. The rounder one with the 2 slots is also for 19" leads but is a little bigger at (outside dimensions) 24"x19"x15". I'm guessing them somewhere around 500, but that is a pure guess at this point. I've been striking out trying to find a weight on the internet. Just hoping someone here had something similar they'd scaled before. Thanks, TDF
https://vulcanhammer.com/resources/specificationshttps : // www.iceusa.com/products/drive-caps-and-accessories/ Heres a bit of info for you. The Vulcan guys are good guy to talk with . Id guess around 700 lbs on those.
yes more than 500 for sure.
Steel is .281#/in3. 19" x 19" x 10" is 1014#. If you are going to ship them ltl, leave the weight blank on the bol. The truck line will weigh them for free. If your weight is off and they reweigh, they will charge a reway fee.
Thanks guys, that gets me a lot closer than where I was just guessing. Have no idea how they're going to be shipped. Buyer is looking into shipping options now, and even considering coming and picking them up himself, though we're a thousand miles apart. He's just wanting some approximate weights on everything to get some quotes. He's buying the whole pile driver setup off of me. 3 20' leads, three hammers (800, 2k, and 3k) and the caps. So it will be a decent load. This was all part of a load of crane goodies I got a year and a half ago, cause I wanted the hook block, and the drag bucket, but I got a clam, and this pile driver I'm selling, and a second one I'm keeping, cause the seller wouldn't split out just what I wanted. TDF
I always keep the weight of a square ft. of 1" steel plate ( 40.84 lb.s/ sq ft.) in my mind for weight calc.s .A calculator and Simple math you can figure the weight of most steel sections quick. What do you have for cranes?
Just the one. An early 70's vintage ex-military 20 ton P&H truck mounted. Hardly used. A couple hundred hours on both the carrier and the crane. Been a real hoot getting it back into service. It had sat around for quite a while before I saved it from the scrap yard. TDF
That looks like a decent machine. Ive run a few P&H s over the years they are good machines. Once you get used to pumping the levers twice for a function they are great. Just watch it if has steel lines running across under the drums for brake and friction on the far side they tended to corrode where they lay on the floor causing leaks.
try Fastenal they do third party shipping
I've used them quite a bit. Store to store, must be on a pallet and goes as truck room permits. I've always been under a week to either coast and costs have been reasonable.