My dad has or old IH crawler loader and an Oliver dozer that sadly have not been use in a while. He went to fire them up and move them but the tracks are froze up. :Banghead Was hoping to get so help from you guys. I never had to deal with this issue before so not sure were to start.
Yair . . . wnydirtguy . There are a few threads on here about this problem. I always reckon water is the go, give them a good soaking with a hose or maybe a few hours with a sprinkler and rock the tractor to and fro. When you get them freed up a little run the machine back and forth through a puddle hole or creek. Some folks advocate sump oil and kerosene and such like, I'm not saying its wrong to use it but it has the potential to get into components and create a grinding paste with dirt. Cheers.
I've heard of using water or driving it through a creek and banging on the tracks with a sledge hammer. good luck, looks like you've got a long day ahead of you.
Put them I'm a PVC pipe and soak them in antifreeze :tong Pj
Dang big pipe, Pj. The biggest I've got is 72" id.
thanks for the ideas guys. will pass them on and try them.