Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with some Hydraulic Valves

Danny Steel ยท 2012-12-14 17:50

I need some help with names of valves. #1 a valve that will opperate 2 hyd cylinders in and out with 12vdc #2 "" 5 "" " Thanks for any help Danny

Replies8
  1. #1BillG2012-12-14 18:43

    It all depends on your system and what you are looking to do. A basic no frills with a open center would be, 3 position 4 way tandem center solenoid operated directional control valve. Now that does include special spools (as an example regenerative), if it is a blocked center or has a float position or it is proportional or ............... you get the idea. The options and descriptions are endless.

  2. #2Danny Steel2012-12-14 19:11

    I'm putting together a tilting bucket for my Kubota mini-X I have a homemade thumb on this machine, but I may want to run the thumb and the tilt without getting off my seat I have to tractor female fittings off the stick going the the thumb no(Quick disconects)

  3. #3shopguy2012-12-14 19:18

    Sounds like you need a 12v selector valve on the boom then the with a flip of the switch the same lever will work the thumb or the tilt. Just a thought.

  4. #4BillG2012-12-14 19:18

    Are you going to plumb this into an existing flow (stick, dipper etc.) or does the mini have a port for hpco (high pressure carry over) from the main valve?

  5. #5Danny Steel2012-12-15 14:31

    Its just going to be plumbed at the stick, as I already have juice there for the thumb. I want to have a control valve that I can switch from the tilt cylinder to the thumb cylinder It must be some kind of deverter valve, but is this what they call a 4 way spool?

  6. #6BillG2012-12-15 15:09

    As long as you already are plumbed for an attachment, just as shopguy said, you need a simple circuit selector valve like this. http://baileynet.com/index.php?page=Search&id=14&srchsrc=SearchBox&sbmfrmas=Submit&baileynum=280-166 Just make sure you check the flow rate before you order one.

  7. #7Danny Steel2012-12-15 15:43

    Great thanks guys, that looks like what I need. My mini -X has 17gpm so I will look for one that will match Thanks Dan

  8. #8shopguy2012-12-15 20:15

    Also checkout www.surpluscenter.com solenoid slector valves items #9-5117A &9-7738A