Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with these ones

Squizzy246B ยท 2008-10-19 09:33

I didn't get a chance to look these machines over properly. Can anybody identify please: (Had to go...tractor pull was starting )

Replies20
  1. #1Squizzy246B2008-10-19 09:35

    Here is another of the International Dozer

  2. #2Squizzy246B2008-10-19 09:39

    1927 Chev If only trucks could talk

  3. #3surfer-joe2008-10-19 13:20

    I think you might have a later model TD24 Squiz. My International book shows a couple of similar looking models, but that iron shade tree is sure different. It looks to have been adapted from another tractor with those overhead sheaves and all. The exhaust setup doesn't look like any International I ever saw, but it may be part and parcel of an early 817 model engine. Much as I would have liked to, I just was never around a lot of the early International tractors and there are not a lot of them left around for study. The skidder may be a Clark 664 or a Timberjack. Never around a lot of those either. Great Lakes Paper had mostly Tree Farmers in my area. They also had Clarks and Timberjacks, even a few early Deere models.

  4. #4WabcoMan2008-10-19 19:09

    Squizzy, The track type tractor is an International BTD20 - a genuine mild steel monstrosity powered by a Rolls-Royce C6NFL or C6SFL diesel. The skidder is either a Clark 664 or could be an Interbational Paylogger - not too sure

  5. #5stretch2008-10-19 20:08

    I don't think that's a Clark...I'll be damned if it is but I'd go with an IH just by the paint scheme.

  6. #6surfer-joe2008-10-19 22:32

    OK, I just came on a reference to an International S11 Skidder. After spending quite a bit of time on-line, I finally found some other rather poor pictures that tend to confirm Squizzie's find as being an S11. I actually meant to write earlier that the dozer was a TD25, not TD24. But I've done some checking on the TD20 model after WabcoMan's comment, and sure enough, it's a TD20 with a Rolls Royce engine. The air box for the engine air induction is what threw me off, plus the cable runner pipe along the right side, which compared favorably with one of the TD25 pictures my International book has. Stretch mentioned International too and that rang a bell. I slapped myself a couple of times later when I thought, Squizzy is at an International museum, dummy, not one for Clark's or Timberjacks. I'd still be interested to know what they ran off the sheaves on the ROPS.

  7. #7WabcoMan2008-10-20 03:11

    The Skidder Hi Surfer-Joe Yes, I'm inclined to agree with you - either S-10 or S-11 IH PayLogger:cool2

  8. #8CAT 24H2008-10-26 21:27

    International Dozer Hello Squizzy246B The International dozer that you want identified is is a BTD20, which was powered by a Rolls Royce 6 cylinder diesel engine. Regards Alan T Lewis Christchurch NEW ZEALAND

  9. #9Deas Plant2008-11-01 19:47

    Sheaves on NON-rops Hi, Surfer-joe. That frame over the BTD20 is not a ROPS. It is a shining example of a very common style of timber canopy fitted to dozers engaged in clearing work in the 1960's-70's-80's in Western Australia. The sheaves up top are for a separate cable-controlled tree pusher bar. The cable for this would have run up from the winch at the rear to the single sheave at the rear of the canopy and over the roof to the front sheaves with usually either 2 or 4 falls of cable to the tree pusher, depending on tree pusher size and designer's whim. There is a second pair of push trunnions above and behind the dozer push trunnions that would have been for the tree pusher bar. Please find attached a couple of photos. The first is of a cable arrangement similar to what would have been fitted to the BTD20 above. The second is of a common tree pusher arrangement where the tree pusher attached to mounts on the dozer push arms instead of to separate trunnions as was fitted to the BTD20. A lot of hydrraulic dozers fitted with tree pushers just left the tree pusher resting on top of the blade as with that D6D. Another option on ripper-equipped dozers with a timber canopy was to run a cable over the top of the canopy between ripper and tree pusher. When the ripper went down, the tree pusher went UP. Hope this helps.

  10. #10OCR2008-11-01 20:06

    The Skidder: I don't either ... we've got a Clark 667... and you steer it with the same lever that controls the blade.... In other words, it doesn't have a steering wheel. OCR

  11. #11OCR2008-11-01 21:40

    Sheaves on NON-rops... Photo. #1: Aha, we finally get to see a picture of Deas... Looks a bit on the wild side back when he was a kid... That's what you call " pullin' levers "... :lmao :lmao All in fun, Deas... but nice pictures. OCR

  12. #12wrenchbender2008-11-03 21:33

    That pic ain't old enough to be a pic of Deas as a kid, or it would be a mule drawn dozer

  13. #13Deas Plant2008-11-04 02:31

    Mule-drawn dozer, huh??????????????? Hi, Wrenchbender. And you were cleaning the stables, weren't you, bending shovel and fork handles instead of wrenches. An' yer still shovellin' it. LOL. But you ain't so far wrong, at least about the early 'dozers'. Way before they had crawler tractors to hang dozer blades on, they apparently used an arrangement that consisted of a frame with three push arms and a board blade across the front of them. They would harness a couple of mules into the frame and use them to push cartloads of dirt over the edge of a gully to fill it. Going forward wasn't too bad, so I'm told. Going backwards or turning the whole issue around to get back for another push was a whole 'nuther story. As for final trim, before LeTourneau invented the PCU, use your own imagination.

  14. #14OCR2008-11-04 03:29

    ...................................... ointlaugh ............. :lmao How can he be so crabby... an still have such a wonderful wit about him??? OCR

  15. #15bruce oz2008-11-04 04:06

    ???????? hello all quote-How can he be so crabby... an still have such a wonderful wit about him??? he is a australian ,if you cannot laugth at yourself ,give up and go home,it part of being a ozzie :drinkup ,bruce oz

  16. #16Deas Plant2008-11-04 04:14

    Thumb Zupp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi, Bruce Oz. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :falldownlaugh

  17. #17stumpjumper832008-11-04 06:50

    that skidder is definatly an Ih contraption. Here is a link to an s-10 skidder. The skidder up top looks close, but the engine side shields, blade arm top, and front brush sweeps are different. But who knows what happens when a logger finds a welder.... http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6224716&GUID=99CDFADB6FFE4563A7CD7393C0D85F2F

  18. #18dirt digger2008-11-04 09:18

    heres what a nice Clark looks like

  19. #19ray jones2009-05-18 07:28

    Hi Limestone Wall Just joined Forum. Interested in your BTD20 as I have one and would love to do it up. I live in Bridgetown South West WA. I would like to hear from you. cheers Ray

  20. #20Squizzy246B2009-05-18 07:58

    Hello Ray, Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. The BTD20 pictures I posted are from the Dardanup Heritage Park: http://www.dardanupheritagepark.com.au/ You live in a nice part of the world. Make yourself at home.