Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with tooth n pin identification

Mrpush ยท 2020-01-04 20:45

Hi, I have a Takeuchi TB235 w what looks like a Chinese 24" bucket on it. The pins look like in the pics. Smallish square looking pins. Any body know what these are? It has a grading bar welded across the teeth (which is nice for fine work) but I need to "dig" and cut roots and dig shale n such. So I was going to get a set of new teeth to swap out. Do I just pound out these squarish pins like you would a round pin? Does pin removal direction matter? Thanks, MP

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2020-01-04 22:14

    The identifier is right there in third picture. That's an 18S esco style. Can't answer beyond that as I gave up on Esco years ago. Google "18S tooth"

  2. #2Mrpush2020-01-08 16:20

    Ok great, thank you sir, I will check it out. Are they bad and that's why you gave up on them? Is it possible to stick a different tooth on whatever shank I have under them? Thanks, MP

  3. #3heymccall2020-01-08 17:29

    No. ESCO releases a new style every time the original patent runs out. Teeth generally remain available, but usually a couple days away. It's the weld on adapters that become impossible to get. So, I may have a stock of teeth, but cannot buy the adapter anymore. So, I used a Cat promo and converted all of mine. A Caterpillar tooth may cost cost more, but they don't obsolete, and can be had same day/ next day for the foreseeable future. This means I don't have to stock any teeth, only to find out that they're on the wrong jobsite.