Hello, I'm working on a Hitachi ex60urg. The slew motor seems to be leaking hydraulic oil down through the gearbox and out the swing bearing seal. I was wondering if anyone had any parts or service manuals I could copy or knew where I could purchase them. Thanks.
EX60urg service manuals are pretty hard to come by, I might have a parts manual. You will find that most components are the same as an EX60-1 or a John Deere 70D. If you check your swing gear box is there gear oil showing on the dip stick? The only way for your swing motor to be leaking oil into the swing bearing tub is for the swing gearbox seal to also be out which would result in loosing your gear oil. If it is straight hydraulic oil leaking out of your swing bearing it is more likely that your rotatory manifold is leaking. This is the unit where your travel hoses go down through the floor of your machine.
Good day Tyler It may be that the case drain filter is in need of replacement, please see attached hope it is of help (Dash3) Kind regards Uffex
First, thank you for the replys I really appreciate the help. Excavator, to answer your question yes there is oil in the gearbox and it appeared full last time I checked it. I was a little confused by that. And yes it seems to be purely hydraulic oil leaking out. I thought I'd the center manifold was leaking it would leak straight down into the service cavity underneath. How would the oil get to the swing bearing? Uffex, thank you for the idea and the diagram. Unfortunately I am not clear where a case drain filter would be in the slew motor assembly, it's not called out on the diagram. Any literature anyone is willing to send me is greatly appreciated. Or any sources to procure such literature. Thankx
Good day Tyler Behind the seal the fluid is connected to a case drain filter via a hose, the seal can only take a low pressure should the case drain filter become blocked the pressure will exceed that of the seal resulting in shaft seal leaking at your motor. I do not have a good illustration but it is common practice that this will take the form of a spin on cartridge mounted at the tank side, if you follow the drain hose for sure it will pass through the filter. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks Uffex I'll definitely look for the filter. If that is the problem and the filter is changed do you think that would stop the leak? Or would the motor seal have to be replaced too?
Hi Tyler in our experience the seal becomes damaged by the process and required replacement but at least taken care of the filter will save repeat of the issue, you have not so much to loosely trying. Kind regards Uffex
If there is gear oil in the swing gear box then there is no way that your swing motor seal is leaking. If the seal was leaking then the hydraulic pressure of the swing motor would push the gear oil out of your swing gear box. The rotary manifold bolts up from the bottom and is bolted to the track frame which is approximately 3-4 inches below the main frame. The post of the rotary is secured to the floor of the main frame and they usually start leaking between the post and the main body. This is located in the area between the main frame and the track frame (swing bearing area). Before you pull the rotary out you will need to drain all the oil out of this area, there is an oval plate up in front of the rotary, bolted to the bottom of the track frame floor. I usually take one bolt out and loosen the other a turn or two, the tap on it with a long bar to break it loose. Be careful though because there's usually several gallons of oil that will come out once it breaks loose.
Ok excavator. So that void, which I didn't know existed, is full of oil and it overflows out the swing bearing? WOW! Thank you so much, it sounds like I would have spent a lot of time and effort only to pull the wrong part. Any idea where I can look for seal kits for that manifold?
I've bought them from Deere/Hitachi and if I remember right Hercules Hydraulics also has them.
Awesome, thanks again. Now I gotta dig the machine outta the snow. A big thanks again to Uffex too. Lots of good info.