Hi I am considering a truck purchase site unseen. I don't know if the seller (a dealer) is entirely sure of the trucks exact model. Does anybody know how to decode Peterbilt numbers, or perhaps a website that can help? Our dealer is not very helpful (I'll leave it at that ) I know that it is a 2002 379, but I'm not sure if its an extended hood, interior category, etc. Thanks everybody! Matt
Drystack,I wish I could help you on the VIN #'s,but I can't.I can say I'm jealous though.I've always like the 379.It is the BIG hood Pete.It'll go straight out from the cab forward(and actually looks like it going uphill from in the cab) They are the "classic" styled trucks,and have been around a long time.They also win alot of truck show competitions,and I think for good reason. Good luck,I hope it works out for you.