I just got this machine and could use some help finding my way around it. It's s/n 163-0660 with 9550 hrs showing. I just changed all fluids and filters, the Mercedes engine runs great and the machine generally operates like it should. Couple issues with it. First off it does favor turning left, turning right feels slow and labored. I don't know if this is a problem with the travel pump/motor or the joystick valving? Just moving straight forward or back is fine. Even reversing back to the right is noticeably better than going forward and right. Counter rotate function does not work. I fixed the joystick switch, due to some wear on the little lever that activates the switch it was not making contact. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. Parking break is inoperable, the red light stays on all the time. Stopping on a steep incline the machine will slowly creep down and lowering the safety lever does nothing. Is there anything particular that goes wrong with the parking brake system? I do have the manual and parts book. My trouble there is that the actual location of the solenoids and pressure sensors on the machine are not indicated. The electrical system has been partially hacked and this is not helping the overall situation. All hydraulic hoses are in place, nothing has been removed and capped off. Can't say the same about the wiring. As far as parts go I'm looking for the entire heating system, several instrument panel buttons and everything for the bucket return system. Would these parts be the same from a 611 or 631 machine? Function of this item circled in red? I believe the item circled in green has to do with the parking brake? What is this item circled in purple?
I'm not sure if there's much in common with Liebherr sourced JD loaders but a JD dealer/mechanic may be able to offer some assistance.
There's a used equipment dealer in Edmonton, Alberta that is parting out a (1979?) LR641...they might have a few of the bits you are looking for: Alaskan Equipment Ltd. Jon.
Alaskan has a lot of stuff but can be pretty shady. Typical used equipment yard similar to some used car dealers. They don't get good reviews but do have some decent equipment. Just have to thoroughly inspect everything and ignore their BS stories that they used it in their yard for a couple years with no issues or it just stopped, we don't know why. Probably something simple.
I think my machine is a 1992 which pre-dates the Liebherr/Deere arrangement. Believe that started in Dec of 2000? I've seen the machine that Alaskan has and heard the shifty stories. I'm pretty sure that machine is too old and too far away to be of much use to me. There is a LR611 being parted out that's 4hrs away, I might have better luck there? Was still hoping to talk with someone who has worked on these in the past. Liebherr seems to be pretty popular here in the Mid Atlantic states but I've not found anyone who has any seat or wrench time on them.