Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hercules Tire Question

Tinkerer · 2018-11-13 17:21

I need a pair of rear tires for my T/L/B. I got a decent price on Hercules Super Lug R4 16.9x24. The dealer could only tell me that the Hercules car and truck tires are made by Cooper. But, he didn't know who or where the tires he priced for me are made at. I do not want any tires made in China. So, doe's anyone know where they are made or have had any experiences with them ?

Replies5
  1. #1ianjoub2018-11-13 17:28

    I had an auto repair shop. I could not tell customers where the tires were made until I had them in my hand. Virtually all of the manufacturers have plants in many countries around the world. I have ordered a matched set of 4 tires before and had 2 from one country and 2 from another

  2. #2repowerguy2018-11-13 17:47

    As far as I know, they are a Chinese brand anymore. Goodyear is maybe the only North American brand left. I think there’s a few brands made in the old Soviet bloc nations.

  3. #3ianjoub2018-11-13 17:49

    I think Hoosier is all made in USA.

  4. #4AzIron2018-11-13 19:46

    Some of Firestone is American made but its spendy I think certain sizes in Michilan is American as well beyond that it's hard to say

  5. #5repowerguy2018-11-14 05:16

    Sorry all, I was speaking of 24" backhoe tires, not tires in general.