Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Herd Bumper Guard no instructions

Old Doug · 2025-01-30 07:59

At work the semis have Deer Guards one hit a Deer a while back and broke the guard but it saved doing any damage to the truck. The driver talked the office into letting him get a Herd Bumper Guard . We put it on yesterday . I have never messed with anything that had so poor of instructions . It didn't show how to or where half the parts went on . If there would have been pictures of one put on that would have helped. If it was up to me I would have got another simple guard like it had .

Replies7
  1. #1DDoug2025-01-30 08:07

    Pix ?

  2. #2Old Doug2025-01-30 17:29

    Not a great picture.

  3. #3Coaldust2025-02-12 21:21

    Herd is popular up here. I’ve been ordering the defender model. Good product. Difficult to keep looking nice.

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-02-13 03:42

    Do they allow the factory tow hooks to still be used? The towing guys call them rabbit bumpers because they'll just rip off if hooked to because the factory tow hooks can't be used. I'm guessing some brands let you use the proper tow hooks.

  5. #5Coaldust2025-02-13 04:13

    No problem with the T370 and T880. I don’t recall on the Freightliner m12.

  6. #6Essayons2025-02-17 14:19

    The one I mounted used the tow pin points to mount the receiver. It came with attachments that were essentially tow pins that were cut off and studs welded on the end. I can provide detailed pics when I get to my truck if needed.

  7. #792U 34062025-02-17 14:29

    I've seen one guy custom build his bumper out of stainless steel. Its an oilfield winch truck so weight isn't as much an issue though.