i just tinted this 345 ME today....
here are some other cool pic of tinted equipment although i didnt tint them they still look really cool!! i love tint on equipment it makes the day soo much more enjoyable.
Tint Great job 9420pullpan, Are you still runnin pan? Do the operator's themselves come and ask for the tinted windows? How long did it take? -Jim
That Kobelco is too nice to run.
no i got off the pan im running a hoe right now a Cat 330 with 13K hrs on it its beat bad. operators do ask me to tint them , they dont come out perfect but it does work. i have tinted (2) 345BL ME's and (1) D6 and my JD pullpan i tinted that like 3 times i think .... it is very time consuming it took me 5-6 hrs to tint that 345 by myself.... it took 2 rolls of film and 1 roll of the rear window film the short strip.....
They look really good to me, perfection is only accomplished after lots of practice, right?:thumbsup 330, huh? Public machine?
i have some practice its patience that counts.... yea the 330 has been around... i wanna tint that but i dont know how long ill be on it......
Must be a pain to tint equipment with all the windows and all the dust you stir up moving around. I tinted the windows on my truck myself and i want to re do them cause there is some dust between the film and window.
I have a question concerning tinting glass.....Are there any specifications(legal) on how dark you can tint(film) or how much surface can be tinted? Seems to me in my area, we can only tint so much (top) of the windshield with the film. It's been years since we did this and I can't remember exactly how much we was allowed, but I do know that we could not tint the entire surface. Any feedback?
Here in the states every state had different tint laws that you can find on line, but I don't know about you northerners. Pullpan Have you guys ever had any trouble with safety guys and the tint? Some of them out here are real PIAs and I see very little equipment tinted out here. The ones I have see where all OOs and there tint was so dark you couldn’t tell if they there in there or not.
Looks sharp! I'd love to get just the back window on my dozer tinted - all around would be like heaven!!
yes there are laws in tinting windows here is the link and with the dust to help control that you can spray water over the floor to help control it bu the best way is to swwep most of it out and try not to generate more when you are tinting the safety dept is a real pain . i like it as dark as possible but i have been using either 20% or even lighter the 35% any darker than that is questionable. i the hoes you could probably go a lil darker bc of the window above penetrating light through so it doesnt look as dark hope that helps
Thanks for the feedback guys....I was just curious. The machines that are tinted look really nice.
i just tinted a D8R today it has 35% on all windows except the doors with a 5% strip on top ....
more pics of the 345BL ME with tint and trimble GPS this 345 has 20% on the windows and 35% on the door with a 5% strip all the way around this is the machine with 7000+ hrs that will smoke any of our other 345's including the new 345C..... it is just bad @ss
Nice work man, who runs the 345 w/ the GPS and what job are they on now? Does he smoke the other guys partly because of the GPS? Keep up the good work.
greg eddows, its not the gps it is how fast the machine is. they are at ashland meadows hilltown township.....
What makes that machine so much faster than any other, what have you guys done to it?
first of all the operator got it new has ran it ever since. from what i hear the operator and foreman got cat to come out and turn it up. they took the pumps and hydraulics to their max and basically tuned everything so that they would work idealy together. like a fine tuned piano ya know what i mean
Tinting Great site, just happened to stumble across. Good looking work 9420pullpan, I've been operating for 28 years, learned how to tint about 5 years ago, since it was so difficult and expensive to get someone out to tint my machines. I now have a tinting business that specializes in Heavy Equipment Tinting. Here's some pics of my current money maker. http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Jim_Cooney/img_0707.jpg http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Jim_Cooney/img_0706.jpg http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h229/Jim_Cooney/img_0705.jpg Anyone needing any tinting done in the Phoenix, AZ area shoot me an email. [email protected] Comfort Zone Tinting B & B Excavating
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Steele! :drinkup
Pic's of my tinted machine . I did it for the screen of the gps .
you have very nice machines guys!
Nice !!!!
Thanks Countryboy. Never knew a forum existed for us dirt guys (and gals). Looking forward to exploring this great site. :drinkup
Didnt realize you worked for A.I. pullpan....my buddy that graduated from where i go got a job there as an operator....runs dozer and excavator i guess...
Most of you have already seen mine. It is finaly back in the shop so I can do the wiring and install the lighting.
And the Grader
nice
Love the look of that JD tractor tinted out!
That graders lookin sharp Dwan!:usa
Thanks, still a work in progress.
Great looking tint jobs on all machines, now does anyone know if MSHA or CALOSHA regulates or bans the tinting of windows. It would be something i am interested in but the contract im on is under MSHA regulations.
Nice to see how well the blade turne dout Dwan! Geez, I'd just be happy with a cab that had glass, period.... I need a new gig..... alan627b
I've never experienced an issue with OSHA or MSHA. I'd also be interested if anyone know any regulations that are enforced.
here are a few more that i have tinted just got the 330D today very nice model, would be easy to make other buckets as well. enjoy
love the tint
That tint looks sweet. I haven't seen any machines out here tinted............
this looks sharp
I thought about tinting my new D6T I run. But I fine grade a lot, does the tint make it difficult to fine grade, or does it improve your site? I guess it depends on how much precentage of tint to right?
If I had one machine I ran all the time and the company would let me I'd tint it if they wouldn't. It does help keep you cool on hot sunny days and would help with glare too.
Sorry off topic but what kind of fleet does AI have goin these days? I imagine a lot of excavators huh?