Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Here in the UK ripping away

nicky 68a · 2020-06-07 15:35

Hello lads. Well,we’re into week 12 of lockdown here in England.We are less restricted here than other parts of the UK,but tight enough non the less. I’ve been lucky enough to carry on working all of my business interests,all be it,in restricted measures. Parts of my business has boomed more than ever in 30 years,and other parts are just ticking over. I’m grateful for what I get,so I’ll enclose a couple of pics of work I’ve been doing in the quarries during the lockdown period. I’ll also point out,that we’ve had 80 days of no rainfall in my region,which is unheard of. Hope you are all getting on with things in the various parts of the world you live in

Replies8
  1. #1nicky 68a2020-06-07 15:37

    A few more

  2. #2kshansen2020-06-07 16:38

    Nice shinny blades! Glad to hear you are doing okay. Have you heard from our favorite dozer mechanic? Have not seen any posts from him lately. Dang old memory I can't even think of his name right now!

  3. #3nicky 68a2020-06-07 16:42

    Hi Kshansen, Yes,I was speaking to Tony last week about a D9 eq bar.He’s very well

  4. #4CM19952020-06-07 20:13

    Looking good Nicky! Those are some sharp looking tractors. We've been blessed as well during shutdown although at this point we are all but opened back for business. Landed the largest contract in our current company's existence in March of this year. Going forward the workload looks promising as well.

  5. #5Nige2020-06-07 21:14

    Tell Tony we all said Hi. Also please ask him if he’s got 5 minutes spare to add a few verbs to the 955H thread in the Excavators section. HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6nicky 68a2020-06-10 03:52

    I have sent him word

  7. #7farmerlund2020-06-10 10:25

    Nice look machines Nicky. I am sure you miss the older D8 's. LOL. where did they end up? keep any or did they get sold?

  8. #8nicky 68a2020-06-11 05:35

    Farmer Lund,I don’t miss them as much as I thought I would. They have been sold to a wealthy collector who actually uses them in his contracting business and allows me to hire them,so I’ve used them every year since I sold them. However,I really don’t think that they will work this year due to the lockdown