Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

here is a good one for all of you mini excavator operators….

9420pullpan ยท 2006-02-19 14:57

i have been trying to figure this one out. the only thing i can think of is this operator was trying to push out the wall and it fell away from him. luckily the boom hit the building and kept him up..... give me some feedback.... i believe it is a Hitachi 35 or 50...

Replies13
  1. #1Nac2006-02-19 15:48

    Looks like 135RTS not a mini the main boom is diffrent

  2. #2bobcatuser2006-02-19 16:18

    From what I can see it looks like there is some kind of large demolition crusher mounted on the excavator, maybe it was too big for the machine and the operator reached out for some reason. Judging by the track size it probably is a Hitachi 135 like Nac said.

  3. #3Alan Mesmer2006-02-19 17:03

    I'm not sure but I don't think that the brown stain on the seat comes standard with that machine:spaz

  4. #4littledenny2006-02-19 18:01

    I think the quote comes from an old Ray Stevens record: So how'd you get that big motorcicle up there on the high dive.....?

  5. #5Dozerboy2006-02-19 19:07

    X2 But I think that they casting the ruble off the building, and got to big of piece to far out there. Instead of dropping the boom the operator froze and went along for the ride hope he had his seat belt on.

  6. #6digger242j2006-02-19 20:37

    Here--I fixed it... :wink2

  7. #7dayexco2006-02-19 20:56

    the fool should have had his tracks perpindicular to his work, instead of paralell....he might have had a chance to back away from it

  8. #8Coastal2006-02-19 22:05

    Holy crap that must have left a huge stain....

  9. #9Dave12502006-02-28 13:15

    How I was trying to find out how you go down to the next floor ? If you take the walls down and cut the floor up how do you move the machine down to the next floor sky hooks? Ah Ah .

  10. #10Dozerboy2006-03-01 00:38

    I would think they just start dropping the floor and the walls until you have a big enough ruble pile to track onto.

  11. #11tylermckee2006-03-01 02:43

    Thats what i would figure too, just keep riding your ruble down each story.

  12. #12Dave12502006-03-01 10:09

    Thanks Thanks guys I could not think about that as a way of moving the machine down to the other floors . Thanks agains

  13. #13nobull12006-03-01 10:56

    Just a slight modification to Diggers pic. I tried to straighten it out soom so you could get a better view. It looks like he was just reaching out and shoudn't have gone over. But who knows when it went over he might have hit the boom or stick control.