Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Jib Boom ? ?

Rip ยท 2006-02-09 23:16

Anyone see or use a jib boom rigged to the stick of a 200 series machine? I seem to recall hearing about such a thing a while ago but can not find the reference. (Not even sure what forum it was on.) Application would be setting pannels & trusses for pre-fab (panelized) house, so need lots of reach but only moderate load (1500 lbs max). Looking for ideas at this point, no sence in reinventing the wheel. Rip

Replies2
  1. #1Electra_Glide2006-02-10 08:28

    Rip, Check out this thread: Joe Kantz

  2. #2Rip2006-02-10 13:29

    Joe, That is exactly what I was looking for! Looks straight forward to fabricate, just beef it up a bit for the heavier machine. Any other examples out there? I'm (in)famous for stealing good ideas where ever I can find them. Thanks again Joe :thumbsup