:slomo Here is the Atlas Corpco hammer I got a fw months back. It is a 900lb hammer just mounted a Lincoln hydraulic greaser on it.
Nice looking unit. I have a Lincoln electric grease gun for my grease fittings. How does that Lincoln work? Does it grease it automatically every so often or??? I don't know too much about greasing a hammer :beatsme , could you fill me in. Thanks.
When running A hydraulic hammer it needs to be greased every two hours, with the the hydraulic greaser it is fed of the hammer presure line so it greases every time the hammer works. :bash
I see. Are all hammers like this or do some come sealed with "no greasing needed" ?
Nice hammer what kind of maintaince is needed and how bad is it to change the bit?
All hammers need to be greased. Not greasing is the number one cause of failure. As long as you grease it realy no mantance, change the bit so not be bad 1 retainer pin and two main pins.
I know it all depends on what you're doing, but how long do you get from a bit? Just a ballpark figure.
So how's that new hammer working out.There are so many diferent kinds out there. Now since I don't have one but how do charge for the hammer? by the job,hour? is it like the machine when it leaves your yard it gets billed out? And just thinks how much grease does it go thru being that it feed automaticly? is it like a tube a day? Do you notice any more wear or damage due to using the hammer on the machine?
I charge doulbe what the rate of the machine is so for y PC-45 with hammer it 1,000 a day with operator. If using hammer all day you will get 3 day from one tube of grease. Works great but havent used it much next month I have to run a sewer and water line about 160 feet all in rock so we will see.