Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Here’s hoping!

carogator ยท 2018-11-30 11:26

I am hoping someone here has seen one of these pressure regulators and knows a little about them. It is used on Clark HR 28000 series short drop transmissions. I have a couple questions about it. Haven't been able to attach picture. I'll keep trying.

Replies5
  1. #1carogator2018-11-30 12:15

    I am hoping someone here has seen one of these pressure regulators and knows a little about them. It is used on Clark HR 28000 series short drop transmissions. I have a couple questions about it. Haven't been able to attach picture. I'll keep trying.

  2. #2Tinkerer2018-11-30 12:21

    What kind of machine is it in ? The reason I ask is that someone may have a service manual for it. Is this the one you have ? You have to click where it says DISCHARGE to start the download. https://en.manualesdemecanica.com/manuales/func-startdown/2321/

  3. #3carogator2018-11-30 15:13

    It is a Ford 6500 TLB with Clark shuttle shift 3 speed trans. I have official Clark shop and service manuals. Neither has the answers I need. I need to know how deep the o-ring groove is in the converter housing. Also, exactly how the pump shaft oil seal fits. It seems to only be half in the pump and half in the pressure regulator. That transmission was used in a lot of different equipment. Loaders , backhoe, and I think, road scrapers.

  4. #4Tinkerer2018-11-30 16:09

    Are you referring to the shaft seal #15 ? The "O" ring groove depth usually isn't in a service manual. Just a part number for the correct "O" ring.

  5. #5carogator2018-11-30 23:04

    I am referring to seal #34 in this diagram. O-ring #4,#5, #37 Are all the same thickness, but #4 does not reach the seat in the converter housing. Looks like it needs to be twice as thick. I Think maybe the tube has slipped back into the sleeve that holds it in place .