Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hesston hay stacker weight?

Delmer ยท 2018-03-17 15:04

How much does a Hesston Stakhand 10 weigh? I need a little more accurate answer than I've gotten so far: "6,000lbs", "might not even be two tons" and "way more than five tons, you need a hundred horse tractor to use one" I've searched and come up empty. Judging by the minimum auction price vs scrap iron, I'm guessing around two tons, but if anybody has a better guess, I'd appreciate it. Or if anybody is a member of any of the farm forums and could ask there, that would probably get a good answer. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-03-24 22:10

    https://www.uship.com/shipment/Hesston-Stakhand-10/556152763/

  2. #2Delmer2018-03-25 11:06

    Thanks. I saw that guess and was hoping my guess is better. I'm not buying one for scrap. I got to climb on one in person and now I'd guess it might be as little as 3,000# with all the hay removed. It was too settled into the mud to get a real good feel for it.