Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Private antique tractor special tour.

Tenwheeler ยท 2018-04-14 20:31

I got a call. " Ha buddy: There is a guy in Waynesboro Georgia that has a collection of antique tractors. He is giving a private tour to the historical society. Would you like to tag along? Of course! He has decided to part with a lifetime collection. They all have to be operable for the sale. Just the expense of tires and all the batteries was rather large. In some series he has every model ever produced. While there I was told there are no two identical tractors in this collection. Although they maybe the same model there is something unique about each one. That is why he bought them.

Replies16
  1. #1Tenwheeler2018-04-14 20:33

    Couple more pics.

  2. #2Tenwheeler2018-04-14 21:34

    Why do some things not show up in new posts? I just thought some others might like to see these. When is the last time you saw a Plymouth truck?

  3. #3RZucker2018-04-14 21:51

    It all shows good for me. I want the 630 John Deere.

  4. #4Bumpsteer2018-04-14 22:33

    Wow! Great collection. Thanks for sharing. Ed

  5. #5Tenwheeler2018-04-14 22:46

    That is a real looker. I maybe prefer the unstyled ( 1939 or older I thank ) with spoke wheels. It was nice to be able to talk to the man that collected and knows about them. He explained the Plymouth trucks were only made for about five years. They were discontinued at the beginning of WW2.

  6. #6Tenwheeler2018-04-14 22:49

    Wait! I thank A cooler one was down this row?

  7. #7hvy 1ton2018-04-14 22:53

    Your own posts don't show up in new posts. That's a lot of green.

  8. #8Tenwheeler2018-04-14 23:08

    I do not understand.

  9. #9hvy 1ton2018-04-14 23:39

    The new posts tab ignores your own posts. Everyone else can see those posts though.

  10. #10Mother Deuce2018-04-15 05:21

    That "D" is just right.

  11. #11John C.2018-04-15 14:26

    Love the photos and the sea of green. I've had to appraise some antiques and restorations for insurance purposes in the past. Is there anyway to get a list of all those units and what they sell for when the auction is done?

  12. #12Tenwheeler2018-04-15 18:03

    People around here usually do not have good reactions to questions like that. They all have Lane Brothers Auction decals on them. They might answer that question for you. I just looked and they have a listing on line about the sale. Appears to me they will be taking live and online bids at the same time. Might be easier to just record it.

  13. #13John C.2018-04-15 23:09

    That's kind of odd. A public auction means it's open to the public. Do they have a web site I can get to? Maybe I can pick up the results on Tractorhouse.

  14. #14Tenwheeler2018-04-16 20:44

    That is kind of what I meant. Search: Lane Brothers Auction. They are out of Swaynesboro Ga. Look at up coming sales or something like that. That is where I found it to answer your first question. Sale is posted there and some more pictures. I am in no way affiliated with any of this just sharing. Please excuse the bumbling about with pictures as I try to figure out how to do this.

  15. #15John C.2018-04-17 10:21

    Thanks for the thread and the info.

  16. #16John C.2018-04-19 00:01

    Here is the link to the auction page. http://www.lanebrothersauctions.com Thanks again!