Haven't the foggiest. Came upon hef while looking for old logging camp info
Which logging camps are you interested in? I've been to some of the old sites west of Lake Cowichan but didn't find much apart from old rotted donkey sleds.
cant believe it Cant help with evans sorry. I'm amaz3d to get anly response at all 2 peopll join this forum jan2013 looking 4 logging im interested in a 1950s camp of BCFPs thnx and reply 4 the hell of it
I know BCFP switched from railroad to truck logging at the Cowichan and Renfrew divisions starting in 1950. They closed the camp at Tom Brown Lake the year before and transferred most of the equipment to the Vancouver Bay camp on Jervis Inlet. There was also a camp at Britain River that closed in 1957. Sounds like we're both interested in coast logging history. I'm just down the island at Nanoose.
Do i reply to threads or what new to this type of site howd you find site I'm [email protected] feed me an email as i find the forum confusing