Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from South Carolina

BigBird ยท 2013-01-16 09:29

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but am looking forward to digging in and seeing what's all on here. I just moved to South Carolina from Colorado and I'm looking for a job out here now. I've been Pipelining now for about 19 years, started out on the ground laboring and have been blowing black smoke for about 14 of those years. Is there anybody else on here from the South Carolina or Georgia area? My name is Steve but everyone calls me Bigbird or Bird for short so maybe there's some fellow Pipeliners on here that I might know. Well I better cut this short, I saw that there was a place on this site to post old pics and I want to check them out so talk to you all later. Bird

Replies6
  1. #1JGS Parts2013-01-16 09:32

    G'day Bird Welcome to the HEF's always good to se a new member on here , wish you lots of luck in the new year mate

  2. #2Landclearer2013-01-16 17:21

    Most of the big contractors in Charleston are hiring. Sanders Brothers, Landmark, Gulf Stream and Banks are the big ones and have a good bit of work. Chris

  3. #3mitch5042013-01-16 22:02

    Hey Bigbird, always glad to see another South Carolinian on here, even if we have to transplant them in. On the bright side, at least you aren't a yankee transplant. What part of SC are you in? For what it's worth, there is a crew of sewer pipeliners working near me that looks like they could really, really use somebody w/ 19 years experience.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2013-01-18 06:41

    Welcome Bird...Go talk to the guys at the cement plant on hwy6,going towards Santee,on the right, they might steer you in the right direction.. Right next to it is Becks Truck & Trailer, towards the back...go talk to Jamie..he's GOOD PEOPLE.. Lots of equipment moving thru Elloree shouldnt be to hard to find something..Good luck OH, and x2, what Landclearer said..if you want to drive to Charleston..its a good steady pay check but the drive is a killer every day.. Stay active on the board...you'll learn ALOT..and let me know if you ever want to go get some of those Santee catfish, when the weather calms down..

  5. #5mitch5042013-01-18 11:05

    I swear I didn't see Elloree on here the first time, that makes us almost neighbors.

  6. #6BigBird2013-01-19 10:35

    Wow, thanks guys. I wasn't expecting that much info that fast. But I sure appreciate the leads. I've had alot going on with getting settled and all so I haven't really started looking to hard yet, but I'm gonna have to hit the streets pretty quick. Hey Mitch, yea we live pretty close. I saw that sewer line job but most of my exp. comes from the oil and gas industry but I might still check em out. And pumpguy I'm up for fishing anytime anywhere, and I'm looking forward to catching some of those cats. If you ever need a fishin buddy let me know. I really like Charleston, something about that place kinda drawing me that way. It's probably all the history or something but I really like hanging out there so I'm kinda leaning toward finding something there. Thanks for those contractors Landclearer. I've had long drives to work my whole life so it shouldn't bother me too much. Anyways, thanks again everybody. I'm glad I found this site and am looking forward to seeing what everybody is doing on here. Bird