Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi all!

BritOperator ยท 2009-07-05 17:32

Hey there everyone, hope your all doing well. My name is Michael, I live in a seaside town on the North West coast of England called Morecambe. I've been an operator since I left school so thats 17 years I've been operating for. I attended a construction college shortly after school to gain my operators license. I started operating track loading shovels then dozers and after that any and all the plant I could get to operate but I'll always be a track loading shovel and dozer opeartor. Unfortunately track loading shovels are not used that much in the UK anymore so currently I'm stuck on a wheeled loader in a quarry just outside town. I've been involved in general and heavy construction, small size demolition, site clearence, bulk earthmoving, tank track construction, and quarrying. I live by the rule that I'm an operator not a driver! Well hope this gives you all a little idea of who I am, want know more just ask.

Replies12
  1. #1willie592009-07-05 17:36

    Welcome to the forum Michael. :usa There's a good number of Brits and Irish here at the forum. Pour a brew and jump on in here. :drinkup

  2. #2wayne12342009-09-09 15:58

    hello

  3. #3BritOperator2009-09-09 16:15

    Hey Wayne1234. How's you?

  4. #4TommyDa2009-09-10 02:35

    Hi BritOperator, You have quite wide experience on this field. Have you ever bumbed into hydraulic generators on sites where you've been working on? Has there been situation that you or someother was without electricity on work site? I'll appreciate your answear!:notworthy

  5. #5BritOperator2009-09-11 15:19

    Hi TommyDa Can't say I've come across hydraulic generators on any sites I've been on. As for being in a situation where the was no electricity on site, yeah seen that many a time where a service has been cut through while excavation is taking place. I'm afraid I have to admit I've struck the odd service in my time but then who hasn't.

  6. #6Colorado Digger2009-09-13 13:24

    a dingo operater as the boys form down under say. i assume that is an excavator operater.welcome

  7. #7Andre Grondin2009-09-14 10:45

    Hi ! I'm new here too but I cannot post anything yet , I'm from Canada , I try to get into the trade but it is hard ! Very interesting to see the tons of knowledge here,

  8. #8BritOperator2009-09-14 15:04

    Hi Andre, Try your very best to get into the trade you'll never regret it and I'm 100% sure everyone on here will agree with me on that one. This is one of those jobs that can take you all over the world if you want to and I don't think you'll find a better bunch of guys to work with. Good Luck!! Catch ya again!

  9. #9BritOperator2009-09-14 15:06

    Hey Colorado Digger what is a "dingo operator"??

  10. #10conner332009-09-18 20:31

    Hello Michael! I just joined the forum today. I hope to just sit around and learn a thing or 2 about the industry.

  11. #11BritOperator2009-09-20 16:54

    Hi conner33! Well sitting around is good thing to learn in this industry cos you do alot of that!! This is definitely the best place to get info about all things machine and operating and the like.

  12. #12Andre Grondin2009-09-28 11:42

    Hi ! Thank you for the welcome , and yes it seems to be a bunch of nice guy's in the trade