I've been hanging around a bit and posting now and again so figured I'd post here. I've been an operator the last 13 years. I worked non-union my first couple years and then joined the union. Worked everything from site work, highway, pipelines, utilities, crushing, you name it. The union work dried up in my area within the last couple years unless I wanted to be away from my family all the time. Last December, I took a position at a Komatsu Dealership in upstate NY as the Rental Agent. Obviously I handle all the rental at my branch, but I also handle most of the day to day operations as our branch manager runs two different branches and normally isn't at mine. Look forward to interacting with everyone. :usa
Welcome to the forum D155. :usa
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup I travel through B-Town every spring going to Erie, I'll have to let you know next trip.
In the early 90's, I was on a 7 week job in Williamstown Massachusetts. The wife wanted to come up for a week by bus. I told her to check the routes and see if there was one that didn't go through NYC. Sure enough, she had a 3 hr layover at the Bronx station. When she was going back home, we took the ride across midstate NY in the work truck, beautiful country between Albany and Binghamton on I-88. Took her to the bus station in downtown Bing to head south through PA. I lumbered back to the rock pile for 3 more weeks.
It really is a nice area here. Just kinda dead like a lot of places at the moment.
welcome:drinkup