Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi all,

little case · 2012-06-15 10:46

Hi All, new guy here. I found this when I was having a problem with my new 1840C. I bought my 1840C from a Ritchie Bros sale last year. It is a clean machine with 870 hours. Don’t laugh, I bought a 1845C, 14 years ago there, and had good luck with it, and sold it for $500 more than I paid for it, and kept the forks that came with it. I wanted to update to a smaller machine to be able to pull it around to my summer place a bit easier. I use it at my industrial building for the plowing, and just for grading my lots, and projects. This one appears to be in good shape, but it developed a problem. It would only run well at low throttle, when you went over ½ throttle, it would run like crap, and all the lights would blink, and the buzzer would go off. I changed the fuel filter, and cleaned the air cleaner, it was acting like it was starving from fuel at full throttle. The fuel filter didn’t work. I kept playing with it, and found when it was running bad, it would start running better when the lights were on….. Crazy! Checked the alternator, and fixed some bad connections, and tied down loose wires, and it was running a bit better, but not perfect. I then ran a heavy ground wire from the ground wire on the motor, to the cab, and now everything is running as it should, well the fuel gauge isn’t working, but I will track that down when the tank is a almost empty. My 14 year old son is on it now, cleaning up a acre of property that has overgrown trees. He is practicing so he can get a job with his uncles landscaping company next summer. He is getting good at it. It is just a handy toy to have around, I have a set of forks, and a plow, in addition to a bucket. I put in a driveway with it a couple weeks ago, and as I said the boy is cleaning up some land that looked bad, and next week, I am going to top dress the road out front with asphalt grindings, to help keep down some of the dust that all the neighbors kick up while speeding by.

Replies4
  1. #1stock2012-06-15 16:55

    Welcome there little C hope you enjoy the forum.why not give us a look with a pic or two of the 1840.................

  2. #2770G2012-06-15 17:16

    Welcome!!!! A pic or 2 would be good, maybe with that young operator at work

  3. #3CM19952012-06-15 20:08

    Welcome to the Forums little case!:drinkup

  4. #4niklas2012-06-18 11:51

    hi there