Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi all from Iceland

Polar Bear ยท 2008-11-29 04:40

Hi all @ heavyequipmentforum Nice to se you all , wery nice forum thenks Im Polar Bear from Iceland I got difrent hobby but bin in this worke for over 30 years as trukdriver and heavyequiment opearator For last year I worke liebheer R 954 shd / Polar Bear

Replies10
  1. #1Lashlander2008-11-29 05:49

    Welcome Polar Bear! You have any pictures you want to share? We have a couple other folks from Iceland as well. Just keep a close eye on those guys from Norway!

  2. #2Polar Bear2008-11-29 12:38

    Well ther is one CAT 245 1984

  3. #3Grader4me2008-11-29 16:06

    Welcome to the forum Polar Bear! Look forward to your posts and pictures

  4. #4Lashlander2008-11-29 17:07

    Thanks, I love the old 200 series Cats.

  5. #5Polar Bear2008-11-29 18:27

    bluelagoon.com thos photos whos taken when we did make the Blue lagoon in 1998 im on the one that is closer on the photos I did like better worke on the 225 but the 245 When I scan more photos I will post som I did get new 330 B in 1998 maby I post som photo off it later and the liebheer 954 im worke on now But I can not take eny photos wher im at worke at moment sorry / Polar Bear

  6. #6Lashlander2008-11-29 19:16

    A couple years ago, on the Discovery Channel, I saw a Big Hydro electric dam being built to supply electricity for Renolds Aluminum. It was just the beginning of the project. I remember it being very remote. They had a huge Man Camp. Did it ever get finished? Do you know what I'm talking about? I've kept an eye out for information but haven't ran across anything.

  7. #7Polar Bear2008-11-29 19:29

    Yes it whos for alcoa if we are talking abut the same dam _ttp://www.karahnjukar.is/EN/ but I ges you hat to use karahnjukar.is to se photos / Polar Bear

  8. #8Polar Bear2008-11-30 07:40

    Ther are 3 photos from that dam

  9. #9Lashlander2008-11-30 16:52

    Great Pictures Polar Bear. Thanks for the information. I'll check out the site. You don't see many of these type jobs anymore because of all the hoops that have to be cleared. Then the years and years of lawsuits filed by the environmentalists.

  10. #10John H2008-11-30 17:47

    Welcom to HEF Polar Bear nice pics. Keepem coming