Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hi anyone know where to hook up heater hoses to a 1999 bobcat 763 so I can put a heat

moosefd ยท 2011-02-05 16:54

Hi does anyone know where to hook up heater hoses on a 1999 bobcat 763 so I can put a heater in my cab

Replies5
  1. #1willie592011-02-05 18:20

    If it's a 753 G series, I could probably take a look at ours when I get back to work on Monday.

  2. #2moosefd2011-02-05 19:24

    Yes It is a g model with the kabota engine any help would be appreciated.

  3. #3willie592011-02-05 20:46

    I sent myself an email reminder to work computer to look at it Monday if you don't get an answer over the weekend. Oops, just noticed I typed 753 in my first post instead of 763. Oh well.

  4. #4willie592011-02-07 20:59

    Well drat...I forgot our 763 was out on a rental job. :Banghead About the best I could do is take a couple of pics of our 773 G series, not sure if it's the same engine in the 763, maybe it will give you some clues though. One hose connects to a barb that's fitted to the top of the water pump. Check your water pump and see if maybe there's a flange plate bolted to the top of the water pump with two bolts. The other hose connects to a barb fitted to the thermostat housing, engine side of thermostat, that would be your hot water pressure supply. The one going to the water pump would be the return line. Not sure what the crossover fitting is in hoses above the intake manifold. My guess is a bypass fitting since the OEM heater uses and electric servo heat control valve, this would prevent excessive pressure being put on the valve when it's near the closed position. Just a guess. Hope that helps a little.

  5. #5moosefd2011-02-07 21:27

    Thanks I will look at it tommorow when I get off from the firestation