Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi to you All

Eddiebackblade ยท 2008-05-04 17:50

I have enjoyed monitoring this forum and finally decided to jump in. I am a self employed operator here in England, and now undertake complete groundwork or excavation jobs due to it paying more. I started out on the standard UK JCB3cx Backhoe loader route, before switching over to a Case 580sk. Having done some 8 years on the 'wheelbarrows' I finally got onto tracks. I have operated many types of tracked excavators and mini excavators with a broad range of favourite machines. I always had the ambition to drive a Rubber Duck as this is seen as the top of the tree over here, and was rewarded with several enjoyable years on the 'Ducks'.( I have tried to remove the mental scar of driving a Cat 318m for a week last year from my mind) I usually got some work on the spanners when things were slack or rained off. I spent some 5 years on quarry restoration and landfill work as part of a team with a couple of Volvo A25 and Cat D4/5/6 and 953/63 This is where i got to grips with a Dozer and the Name Eddiebackblade was born. I am a keen skier and usually manage to get to Whistler BC most years, but have now fallen in love with Snowmobiles and Piste Groomers. Seems like the best job in the world to me! Remember when you're on a Dozer Backblade is better than No blade!!

Replies4
  1. #1ZAXIS2008-05-04 19:30

    Welcome Eddiebackblade-We have a local expert in the "Rubber Duck" range of equipment, and his forum name is Atlas Rob. I'm sure you two will have a lot to talk about in the near future-seems that the different time zones we Americans & you Yanks have keeps us from communicating at the same times. ZAXIS

  2. #2digger242j2008-05-04 20:09

    Zaxis, the Brits and Aussies think all of us here in the states are "Yanks", regardless of which side of the Mason-Dixon line we grew up on. And, welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Eddiebackblade. :drinkup

  3. #3bear2008-05-04 21:19

    Yer both right, sorta, I guess, whatever. :falldownlaugh

  4. #4ZAXIS2008-05-05 22:05

    I know you guys are correct when you say we in the states are referred to as "yanks", but I beg to differ about us "rednecks" in the deep south-not much "yank" in my "drawl". ZAXIS