Hello to everyone once again with the help of this form I finally achived something with my machine I recently install a new complete harness, A, P, N and DP sensors the two computers, Engine stop motor, Throttle motor also change the two cylinders and sliding plate in the hydraulic pump. Now the first this I notice when started the machine is that the battery light stays on, now during the installation of the harness I realise that the harness plug is different from the plug and the alternator so to me it seem that the original hitachi alternator was replace by this one so I made all the other conection to the alternator leaving out that plug. My question is, could this be the cause of the power light staying on. The other problem I am having is with the I, L, E, P modes at first it were selecting all four modes then all of a sudden when I select the P mode botton it rev up for about two seconds then dies down like if its in I mode but the monitor is showing that its in P mode. During that phase everything is slow as hell. Now with a sour face before I finally call it a day I notice that only I mode was working the other modes were not changing when they were selected. What could be the cause. Remember I am an Architect trying to fix his machine because of unreliable mechanics so what I know so far are because of you guys anf lots of reading.
When throttle is set to 'P' and auto idle is 'ON' throttle will return to idle after a couple seconds of hydraulic inactivity... so either your hydraulic sensors are not working or ??? what happens when you turn off the auto idle?
Hey Ronsii, thanks man Auto idle did work after a few seconds it move from P mode to I mode and is there a specfis sensor that may cause that because I replace most of the sensor the ec sonsor on the throttle motor that wasnt change could that cause this
Hey, to everyone who gave me advice and to the other who posted their problems and how they got it fixed. I am happy to say that I have finally reach my goal getting my Hitachi ex200-2 excavator to work properly, I got it working in limp mode and busted up. At first I tried to install a manual regulator on the pump but that fail too so I decided to go back original and have replaced the A, N, P AND DP sensors the complete harness which was in a mess also the two computers the Radio and cab alarm buzzer. I want to say that I bought my parts from China but it was Original not OEM sometimse I had to wait longer to get some of the parts because my supplier had to source it from Japan. Now what I have realised is that the main problem with my machine was electrical so with no electrical skills the easy way out for me was to replace the complete harness, to much testing and repairs in that area. The sensor mention aboved was install by following my service manual. Its time taking but it was a lovely feeling to see her function with grace. I have also work on the main pump replace the two cylinder and swashplate no more humming for that area now. Tracking was slow and side movements was minimal so I look at my center joint and it did need resealing now she is easy to track. I have the arm cylinder seals to change and a good clean down then I will give her a face lift once again thanks to everyone.
just read your post you seem to had more luck then me ithink the mistake i made was bought my wiring out of china but bought oem stuff which sounds like one of many mistakes ive made at the moment were trying to set voltage on dp sensor angle sensor havnt touch the pump hoping its okay would appreciate any suggustions
Hi Wabco Start another thread with some details of your machine and i'll try and help
Hello Wabco, Please give me some ideas on what your machine are doing and what you did so far then I will try and help. Here is my address [email protected]
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I find the knowledge shared by the members very useful so I decided to register and join this forum. @daddieboy Congratulations on restoring your EX200-2 although you mentioned that you weren't very knowledgable with this sort of things but you still managed to make it work! Fixing excavators is not my specialty too but after reading your post I am determined to go through with it like you did. I am also trying to restore an EX200-2 from limped mode (?) to it's original electronic system. I have already bought the A, N, P, and DP sensor from China and I also have the technical manual but I have these questions: 1. Most of the other sensors like the temperature sensors, level sensors and etc. are either missing or non-functioning. Can the excavator still work even without those? 2. Can it also work without the radio and air conditioning? 3. Did you use Dr. EX or some diagnostic tool? I bought both the Dr. ZX the Palm version (since I can't find sellers of Dr. EX and they say it's newer and better) and the PC version. 4. When I tried to find the port/socket to plug Dr. ZX, I found a socket for it but it's not exactly a complete fit so I'm not sure if it's the correct socket.
Hello Shawn55 the A, N, P and DP sensors together with the two computers and Harness have to be working properly. These parts mention will allow the hydraulic system to function and you will be able to take your machine out from limp mode. I didnt have any Dr. EX so I did the reading test the manual suggested also while I was rotating the angle sensor I was paying attention the the quantity of smoke being release what I realize is that when the angle sensor is in the correct position there is black smoke while the machine is idling. The other sensors you asked about will not stop your machine from working but they are also important because they will tell you when something is wrong with the machine. I have also replace my radio and cab buzzer they both work along with alarm system. The air condition system is for comfort it all up to you. I never used any of the Dr. EX or ZX I cant help in the area but what I have read they are used to make you work easier. You can ask for help anytime here is my address [email protected]
@daddieboy Thank you so much, daddieboy. I'll be replacing both the cab and engine harness today along with the A, N, P, and DP sensors. I'll post again here for the results. Thanks again and Merry Christmas! :drinkup @Everyone I'm still confused about the Dr. ZX connectors and how to use the Dr. ZX itself. If anyone can provide an English manual that would be great since it didn't come with any manual at all. :beatsme
Hi shawn55. I'm here in Cagayan Deoro. I need help in fixing my Hitachi. Here's my Globe cl. 09173141647 and my email [email protected] . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
daddieboy hitachi ex200-3 had a bit of a break through whith the dreaded hitachi seem it works not to bad when i have the line disconected from main control bank to the reducingvalve the bank whith thesolieoniodson it also i cant get the trackspeeds to change but at least i think i amgetting closer any tips greatly appreicated
UPDATE: New parts replaced: EC Motor, EC Sensor, Engine Stop Motor and Monitor Controller Issues: >Engine Stop Motor has a different socket so we currently stop the excavator MANUALLY. >The excavator works fine at first but when we switch the key from the key switch back to "off" position it goes crazy. At first I thought it was because we haven't hook up the engine stop motor but I think it's more than that. Please see the videos to see what I'm experiencing. Scene 1 (Normal operation): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R0aa0yFPuXeWR4am5qbUNVbkU/view?usp=sharing Scene 2 (From normal to abnormal state): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R0aa0yFPuXb1pZQjRBY214ZU0/view?usp=sharing Scene 3 (After it goes crazy and we manually turn it off): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R0aa0yFPuXRnVkeGozTU1rTlU/view?usp=sharing Scene 4 (Erratic EC motor/Accelerator movement when the key is in the ON position): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R0aa0yFPuXbGVlcDd3amk0YVE/view?usp=sharing Scene 5 (My way to "reset" the system to make it work normally but it goes crazy again if I turn the key to the "OFF" position again): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R0aa0yFPuXbGVlcDd3amk0YVE/view?usp=sharing >Another problem is I can't find the socket to plug the DR. DX making it useless. I had another technician have a look at it and he said it might be the Switch Panel but I'm doubtful because it responses fine (goes to different working modes when the ELIP buttons are pressed) but only becomes unresponsive when the EC motor goes crazy. Any idea as to how I could fix this or at least where the problem might be? I'm going nuts here. LOL @danaocity I'll contact you as soon as I can.
The throttle linkage isn't adjusted correctly coming off of the throttle motor. There is a process called 'engine learning' which should be done every time you replace or adjust the throttle linkage or motor. The learning process will recalibrate the throttle sensor inside the throttle motor to the new locations. The learning process is in the tech manual and consists of turning the engine learning switch on (little toggle switch by the fuse panel), turning the key on, waiting for ten seconds and turning the key off, waiting for ten seconds and turning the learning switch off. The dr.zx plug should be behind your left elbow as your sitting in the machine and might be by the fuse panel as well. using drzx will help for you figure out your throttle issue.
@Deere Tech Thank you for the info about the "engine learning" process, I thought there was a calibration process like what you've said but I didn't find it in my manual. I have the technical and workshop manual with me, can you tell me on which section of the manual is it located? Also, it may be a little too much to ask but do you have a picture of the said switch? Our yard is a 3-hour ride from our office and I'm actually trying to make a relay-toggle circuit that would switch the displacement solenoid valve 1 & 2 in order to "reset" it as a last resort in fixing the erratic behavior. The function of the circuit is simple: >Each time the key is switch to start the machine, it toggles the connection between solenoid 1 & 2 So 1st start: Solenoid Socket [1]=[1] Socket from the harness Solenoid Socket [2]=[2] Socket from the harness 2nd start: Solenoid Socket [1]=[2] Socket from the harness Solenoid Socket [2]=[1] Socket from the harness 3rd start: Solenoid Socket [1]=[2] Socket from the harness Solenoid Socket [2]=[1] Socket from the harness and so on... But thanks to Deere, I will try and see if we can do the engine learning/calibration process first before resorting to the toggle switch. I'll update you guys and see what happens. This has been a very challenging project for me but I've learned a lot since I've started on this with ZERO experience in fixing excavators. I really appreciate all the help and support. :notworthy:drinkup
Hello Ronsil I saw you online and need your help I recently replace the parts in my hydraulic pump due to grinding of metal. clean out the tank some of the valves unstuck some spools and reinstall the pump but there is no movement. the return hydraulic oil id so heavy that it spill over. i need and idea where and what could be causing this problem
Thank you shawn55, Until now I still having problem with the unit. The unit runs find for only 40mins. All hydraulic function stop also the engine blowing black smoke.
Hello Danaocity it sound like you have and electrical problem. That black smoke it your pump at full stroke. you need to start looking at your harness and these electrical parts to see which one or two that may be shorting of angle, speed, Pressure and differential pressure sensors also the two solenoid valves on the pump. The two controllers should be working, blinking about a second after the other. All the best man.
Thank you daddieboy for your response. It's almost 2yrs now and still my BH is not working. Every time I ordered parts it takes 4 months before I can get it. Today I tried to measure the angle sensor and I got a reading of 8 VDC rotated it and no voltage changes. Also the High speed solenoid valve 1 sensor has no resistance. Is there anybody out there that can give me the resistance of A, N, P, DP and High speed solenoid valve 1,2( Pump displacement solenoid valve.) At least I have reference if I need to buy one. Also the alien bolt below the pump for limp mode adjustment is stuck. I can't rotate it to 180 degrees. Thank you very much. Any response is greatly appreciated.
Hello Danaocity, first thing do you have a service manual if no I can help you with a copy. Please send me your email address. When you rotate that plate below the pump 180 degrees from its original position you are put the machine into limp mode so my question is why do you want to put it in limp mode.
Yes I do have a service manual. I just one to make sure if my unit is not in the limp mode. My sister own this BH and told me that a lot of mechanic touch this unit. Even the monarch company (Caterpillar) fix this unit. Here's my email address. How could I know If my BH is in limp mode. How slow it is? Like I said I can't rotate the plate to 180 degrees it stuck. Here's my email [email protected] . Again thank you very much for the quick reply. I'm loosing patience with this unit. I'm just wondering why I have 8VDC on my angle sensor? I am an electronic technician I know that most electronic control uses 5vdc. My ecu is new.
Hello Danaocity, you mention that the machine works fine for 40 min. then it hydraulic stop working. If that's the case then it not in limp mode. If its in limp mode the power will be less and the movements slow and yes the black smoke and that not working fine. Now to get that plate from the bottom of the pump remove the four allen head bolts then used a flat blade screw driver that you don't normally used and a hammer and keep working your way around that plate eventually it will move by prying it away from the pump. If you read my post I had an electrical problem and the machine was working in limp mode when I got it, I tried to fixing everything on my machine that was in a mess it looked like a hundred mechanics past hands on it. I only saw improvement when I change the harness. I cant advice you to do so because I don't know the condition of your harness. If your harness is good, also the controllers pay some attention to the angle and dp sensors.
Could u please send me service manual for Hitachi 200 thanks i have replaced all orings on main valve banks and now the main boom arm is very slow to move any help would be great thanks.
[email protected]