Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a higher amp alternator for a 1993 JCB backhoe with a Perkins 1004-4 engine? This is the current replacement for the factory alternator. LRA461 - Lucas Alternator (Mahle) - 14V, 70 Amps | UK branded tractor spares Buy Lucas LRA461 Alternator (Mahle) - 14V, 70 Amps replacement part. Find Lucas replacement parts using our OEM part number search facility. www.malpasonline.co.uk I’ve emailed most of the manufacturers that show up online with a “high amp alternator“ search, but no one has anything.
S.150700 Alternator (Mahle) - 14V, 100 Amps for Fiat, Ford New Holland | UK Supplier Product Specification and Information for S.150700 Alternator (Mahle) - 14V, 100 Amps for Fiat, Ford New Holland www.malpasonline.co.uk This looks like it would fit if the pictures are correct, the pics don't match the drawing. You'd need to check that the shaft is the same size so the pulley fits, and see if you need a W terminal for your tachometer, and if it has one. Why do you need a high amp alternator?
I’ve added multiple LED flood lights to the front to supplement the poor factory lighting, and plan on adding more to the rear. I was having an issue with the battery draining if I used the heater and lights at the same time. It has gotten worse with the addition of more lights. Thank you for the suggestion. A 95 amp alternator for a Fermec backhoe also looks like it would fit, and looks very similar to the link you posted. I was hoping for more, but that may be sufficient.
How many amps do you want? I think you have many options. I would consider a Delco cs130 or an old school 10si
Might be able to get rid of the original incandesent lights and go all LED and get away with the stock. Yours might be tired, or might be slipping from a worn belt/pulley, or bad wiring connections. worth checking into at least, after you've been running awhile with all lights and heater going, check the voltage around the back of the alternator, and at the battery terminals. If you do get a new one, I'd stick with one of those Mahles if possible, Mahle/Iskra/Letrica are the same company that makes OEM and quality aftermarket alternators and starters, mostly out of Eastern Europe.
The one you have might be able to be rewound to put out a higher amperage. It is quite common in my area for boat owners to have it done so they can run stupid high volume stereo speakers. My son-in-law is one of them did it. The last time I talked to him he had up to 150 amps.
The last time I talked to him he had up to 150 amps. Did he say "What?" a lot when you talked to him? Joe H
put an amp clamp around the alternator cable when running everything. I seriously doubt you are anywhere near 70 amps. If you know the current draw of your lights in watts, add them up and divide by 12 for amps.