Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

High Idel Govenor

Autocar ยท 2010-12-08 18:38

Model TR 1001 here a while back when I switched it off the idel would stay high,but putting it in gear and putting some pressure on the clutch it would idel back. Now it won't idel down at all, so I took it off and open it up and on the inside theres a diaphram on the top where a 12 volt coil sets the other end has a slide rod that lets fuel by when it moves back and forth,now again I am guessing. I put it back on and now it rev's up and down like a govenor that dosen't have enough tension on the spring. theres four fuel lines that goes to it I believe three of them are on the return line and the other from the injector pump. This is on my 89 Autocar with a 300 cummins

Replies18
  1. #1Autocar2010-12-11 19:59

    I'll try this again this High Idel Govenor seems to be a add on it is made by Teleflex Canada. It has four fuel lines that goes to it,a 12 volt coil not sure what it dose because there's no moving parts. When you pull the coil off and unscrew the four screws and remove the top theres a dyafram like you find in a chainsaw carb. Dose this ring a bell to anyone ?

  2. #2willie592010-12-11 21:00

    Any way you can post a pic of this gizmo? I don't think I've ever seen anything like what you're describing. :beatsme

  3. #3Autocar2010-12-12 12:29

    Yes I will try to get a picture of it on here for you sometime this coming week. I am going to call Teleflex in the morning maybe they can shed some light on it. Thanks Bill

  4. #4td25c2010-12-12 13:24

    Ok. It sounds like you have the "variable speed governor" on the 300 cummins.Kinda funny looking Rascle that bolts to the top of the pump & about half the size of the pump?

  5. #5Autocar2010-12-12 16:20

    It bolts to a bracket about half way between the front and rear of the motor. It is about four inches long two and half inches tall and one and a half or two inches thick . It is alot smaller then the pump theres a fuel line that comes of the rear of the pump then theres a line that comes from the bottom of the pump then the other two lines that look to me they are on the return line from the injectors. Thanks

  6. #6OCR2010-12-12 20:18

    High Idel Govenor: I believe you have a 'wet kit', installed on your truck, to run your log loader... correct, Autocar? I know that a friend of mine, had to install an add-on device to his cummins governor... to keep the engine running at a constant speed, under varying load conditions... while doing PTO work. I'm just guessing here, so keep us informed. OCR... On edit: One question, Autocar.... Is your engine designated an NTC, or... NTCC?

  7. #7Autocar2010-12-13 05:14

    NTC, when you talk about a wet kit are you referring to oil or fuel ? Thanks Bill

  8. #8Autocar2010-12-14 18:31

    OK I e-mailed a few pictures of this to another fellow and he said that when he had some time he would try to get a few pictures of it up on the site. It is made by Teleflex made in Richmond B.C. so I called them they gave me another number so I called them, the fellow knew exactly what I was talking about. $250.00 for the rebuild kit $1100.00 if I needed the whole thing. Called yesturday it came today so I looked where it came from, here it was Columbus Ind. So I got the repair kit and have it all back togather. So if the weather gets a little better I will put it back on and will let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks for the replys Bill

  9. #9fishpharmer2010-12-14 22:25

    High everyone, Autocar told me about this forum. Thanks Autocar. Also, I am trying to post pics of his part. For some reason this forum won't let me post pics yet. So I wlll give a link to thread showing parts on another forum. Let me know if you can see the parts. Thanks, Fish. http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,47402.msg683724.html#msg683724

  10. #10fishpharmer2010-12-14 22:29

    http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,47402.msg683724.html#msg683724 Hello, is this working?

  11. #11fishpharmer2010-12-14 22:33

    Can I post a link with pics? I can't seem to make it work. Maybe against the rules?

  12. #12fishpharmer2010-12-14 22:38

    Okay, if you look at www. forestryforum dot com. Its under General Forestry, then Forestry and Logging. Topic titel is Cummins High Speed Idle. Maybe that will get you to pic. Sorry about the trouble.

  13. #13Autocar2010-12-16 15:36

    Has anyone looked at it ? I got the rebuild kit in it and now it idels ok but won't pick up the idel speed when you flip the switch. Ive had it off and on three times today and finaley tried the tension spring to increase the speed but that didn't do anything eather. Any ideas at all ?

  14. #14OCR2010-12-16 19:40

    High Idel Govenor: Well, Autocar, I found this PDF... I don't know if it will help or not. http://www.proheat.com/PDFs/709321.pdf OCR Edit: I was referring to oil, Autocar... sorry.

  15. #15td25c2010-12-16 20:06

    Good find on the high idel gov link OCR:thumbsup.Never did see one. It looks just as the way Autocar was describing it.Interesting how it works.

  16. #16Autocar2010-12-16 20:10

    OCR thats the part I put all new parts in it but so far its winning I still can't get it to work but theres always tomarrow

  17. #17Autocar2010-12-17 16:04

    Problem solved just like I said last night theres always tomarrow ! Just walk away sometimes thats what it takes. Diaphram up side down

  18. #18apextools2013-11-14 15:19

    This is an old post but if anyone has a problem with the Teleflex High Idle Governor give us a call Apex Tool Company now own the rights to manufacture these units. It looks like we sent the replacement solenoid valve for this units. I personally build and test every unit made They are made in Columbus, IN 10 miles south of Cummins headquarters. Fred Neff [email protected] 800-365-2233 Not drumming up business but willing to help with any problems even if you have a Teleflex red or blue unit from 20 years ago.