I have a Kobelco 210 lc acera, with a 6d34t Mitsubishi diesel. At first start most of the time, it starts and runs at high idle then after a few minutes it runs normal for the rest of the day. The stepper motor kicks in and out like its supposed to after the initial start up, after the idle calms down of course. This does not happen all the time, but most days, if it sits for a hour none running , it will start back up fine, it seems only when its cold it does this. Any ideas on what could cause this, I can only think of the stepper motor. Any information would be great and I know there is a sequence to installing the new stepper, if you know that information would help too. thanks ...............also it puts out no codes
Just a guess as I have not worked on one of those... but I would check the temp senders... there could be more than one, it kinda sounds like what would happen if it thought the climate was very cold. The temp senders would not necessarily be bad but could be giving bad readings to the computer.
I believe it's an auto warm up function. Does it run at about 1200 RPM until it gets a little warm. If you don't want that to happen, try turning on the key without starting the engine. Cycle the throttle dial up to full throttle and count to five. Then turn the dial back to idle and start the engine. Maybe it will start at low idle then.
I think it’s just a Kobelco thing. I have a SK170 that’s does the same thing. Only always overnight. I always leave the throttle in working position and just turn the key off. In the morning it will Rev up to the working revs straight away then after about 10 seconds will come back to auto idle. My throttle control motor is brand new. The old one did it too. Driving another SK210 in the district and it does the same thing. Most frustrating for a cold motor to rev up straight away. Must be a controller thing? Other brands I often operate don’t do it.
thank you for the information i sure will give it a try, yes it is annoying starting a cold motor like that, I thought about buying a new throttle control knob for it.
I will definitely try that ,thanks
I have also replaced the rotary throttle knob Don’t waste your money on that