I have a new to me Case 1845 that has a high pitched squeal when I engage the drive wheels. The lower the RPM the louder it is. At 1/3 throttle & the controls at full ahead the noise guess completely away unless I'm on enough of a grade that it's rolling faster than the pump is moving it. Then noise pulse as it catches up with it's self rolling down the hill. There also isn't any nose from any of the other controls. I had a house blow & replaced it on the boom which I believe the nose got a little better. I know I still have one bad house & a leak from somewhere around the pump that I haven't found yet. But the noise sounds to me like a pressures vibration.
My hydraulics leak off also from the boom tilt while I'm running it but the drive I only notice when it's parked on a grade. I thought it might be related.
There is a question in the somewhere. I'm just not sure what exactly to ask. I guess where should I start looking for the problem?
interesting issue. So it only squeals when your driving? Does it do it in reverse also? If your over 1/3 throttle, is there any noise? Is your boom or bucket speed slow? Is either drive side low on power? Check your relief valve block. See if you can isolate the noise to there.
It does do it in reverse. Both wheels pull the same. It stops at full speed but I'm not sure at where it stops. It's not as bad at 1/3 speed but still does it. This is the first uni-skid I've been on in 20 years but I believe the tilt & skid are running at full speed.
I know its hard to isolate the noises sometimes. If you are sure its not a engine belt or something of that sorts, I would check your relief block, and your charge relief.
Thank you greatly Gary. I'll try to see if that's where it's coming from.
in the past ive seen and heard noises from tubelines when machines arent at full throttle. sometimes a slightly loose clamp, or 2 or more tubelines that are close to each other, but not quite touching.
Thanks I haven't had a chance to look at it again yet. I have more things to do then I can keep up with. It really sounds like air in the system to me. Maybe a warn pump.