Im looking for a 36" digging bucket that has higher capacity than the typical bucket. The WP bucket for this machine is 6.64ft heaped/5.3 ft struck. I would like something in the 9-10 ft heaped range. Any one know of any? This is for a kx040. My little bobcat 335 has a 8.5 ft heaped bucket and it handles it very well. I cant accept a smaller bucket on a bigger machine!!!
I've had couple of oversize buckets made. Should not be a problem. There must be someone near by that manufactures buckets.? Option 2 would be to get a bucket from a Kubota 057 or similar and change out the lugging for your machine. You'd have to do some research on their capacity, weight etc.
I have a U55-4 Kubota and three buckets: 18", 24" & 36". The 36" bucket is spec'd (I believe) at 540 lbs. Don't know if that bucket weight creates an issue or not for a 10k lb machine KX040. Mine is 12.8k lb machine about the same as the KX057 with cab and the handling is different with the 36" bucket on it--can create a pucker factor if working on slopes in the wrong position. Agree that in the right application the 36" bucket makes quick work of grading and earth moving projects--at least the type I have. I was shopping these sites before I found my 24" and 36" buckets (kubota originals) on Craigslist. Not sure about quality: https://rhinox-group.us/collections/kubota-digger-buckets-attachments https://www.ebay.com/b/Kubota-Heavy-Equipment-Bucket-Attachments/50908/bn_2704304 https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/for-sale/kubota/bucket-gp/417 Best, Allan
8.5 cubic foot for a 35 size machine sounds really big. Cleanup bucket on my Yanmar Vio 35(7700 lds) is 5.something cubic feet and I wouldn't want much more reached over the side with any kind of dense material