The historic power plant in Toledo Ohio is coming down. This power plant is located on the river, and has been a point of interest and problems over the years. On site, are a variety of Werk-Brau attachments, which means I am up there shooting for our company use. That also means I am snagging a few xtra shots of the location because they are just so cool. This place is reallllly dangerous, but it's such a fasinating demo. I'll roll out a series of photos from this shoot over time as I will visit it several times at different stages in the demo.
View attachment 91532 View attachment 91533 View attachment 91534
I talked to the crew some more today and learnd a few things that are worth sharing... *The stacks are coming down. They are doing to do an xplosive implosion of the stacks. This will happen during stage 3 of the project, they are currently on stage 2. *The demo is still around 8 months away from completion. *The land is being cleared because a company wants to buy the space and develop it. However, they will not buy it until the land is cleared. *The demo is low cost to the city, that the guys are selling a lot of it of to scrap and selling things like the 60 ton rail cranes from the place.
dose anyone else find this funny?
Eh. the city only paid 30k for the demo - the exchange is that the crew get to redeem all the scrap. That place is loaded with scrap.
"Ha Ha" funny, or "peculiar" funny? If they put it out for bids it would seem to be ok. Risky, risky business. I'm reading that the price of ferrous scrap is going into the tank. Down $30-$50/ton just in the past couple of weeks. That takes a heckuva bite out of the profits...
Depends digger if a deal was struck at tender stage with the scrappie he takes the hit..............
Are you still doing demo? What kind of jobs do you have going? Any good pictures to post of demo or your equipment in action?