Awesome Demolition Excavators at Golden Gate Bridge Approach Demo Last Night Knocked down the whole bridge approach over the weekend, and they built and will open new roadway Monday morning. Wow, is all I can say!!!
Ferma's CAT 5110--- Break out the Big Stuff . . . That's a real wrecking machine!
This is the new tunnel approach to the Golden Gate Bridge This is the new tunnel approach to the Golden Gate Bridge. Opens Monday morning.
Hard Worker
That is impressive! I wonder why the 5110 has the assembly jacks down in the rubble? Looks like a good way to tear them up to me. Wolf, Great post!
Thanks, Jerry. Very good observation about the assembly jacks. Will mention that to them and see what they have to say about it. . .
A guy down the way contracts to ferma for hauling. Hes been running his kenworth for them day and night for the last several nights. He just rolled back in this afternoon with a possum belly with the ferma logos on it. I hear they had their work cut out for them out there.
Hey, Dualie, good to hear from you, man. Was he hauling for the paving work or the demo debris? Saw a lot of those possum bellies lined up on Lombard Street, and they really got active Saturday and Sunday. Amazing job they did, wasn't it? Was fun walking through the tunnel too before it opened up this morning.
No clue, he just rolled in around 5:45 tonight, i blocked traffic for him in my pickup so he could back into his yard without to much hassle
Who does he drive for, or what does his truck say on it? Wondering if I saw him or spoke to him onsite?
Normally leased to gregs but has been pulling a ferma trailer lately. Gold colored 2007 T-800 WIDE hood extended day cab with painted heavy construction bumper.
that is awesome. they got some nice looking machines.
Great pictures. I also saw a lot of excavators working in the surroundings, but not at night.
The jacks are all sucked up right there. I think the picture just makes it look like they are closer to the ground then they really are.
Right now Ferma has some awesome machines going at the old Jack Tar hotel. Really good stuff: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/End-of-line-for-S-F-s-infamous-Jack-Tar-Hotel-4992130.php http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/End-of-line-for-S-F-s-infamous-Jack-Tar-Hotel-4992130.php
Nice pictures Wolf. FERMAS debris box yard is right around the corner from my job in redwood city. We are doing the underground for the new SM county jail on the east side of 101.
Cool! That 5110 is bad ass!
Thanks for the article on the old Hotel demolition. The company I work for is the GC on that project. This one has been a long time coming. We have had a pre construction team on that project for almost six years now and a different GC spent two years on it before we got involved. Most of the time was spent getting through the politics of the city and state. The new hospital will be the largest medical facility built to date in the USA in one phase. It is a ILPD project which is a great way to develop and build projects.
Did you talk to any of the guys at Ferma about demo work, Dwight?
Who is the GC? Why was the project so delayed? Are you working on it in San Francisco or MN?
No I haven't. My dad is a superintendent for BNBuilders and he knows a few guys from ferma. Need to get ahold of them. Would love to work for them.
Who is your dad friends with at Ferma, Dwight?
Let me get back to you on that I need to talk to him and ask him. I believe I remember him saying they were brothers and I think had Latin type names but not sure it was awhile ago. Hopefully they still work for Ferma lol.
The CM is a LCC joint venture between The Boldt Company and Hurrera, Its is called HurreraBoldt. We are not the designers although all the major subcontractors on the project had a hand in it. The project started about 8 years ago with a different team. The LCC got involved with it close to six years ago. Most of the delays have been political, with everything from differences between looks that the 2 adjoining wards wanted it to look like, to agreements on the many intitlements that politically came into the picture. It took another election cycle before it finally got approved to move forward. I personally am not on the project. I was doing a project in CA when it first started but asked to not be involved as the job was are "relocation project" because of the duration( past my retirement) and I am a country boy at heart. I like the Bay Area, spent 15 years straight there once, but do not want to live there again. The project sat for quite a while ready to go waiting for approval. I am happy to see work happening on the ground finally.
I remember seeing FERMA's gear when I visited SF last year.
They been doing a pretty damn efficient job of it. I have job on Jackson st thats been dragging out for a couple months now. every time i drive by they always have some more progress made
DUALIE: Long time no hear, bro. How you doin'? It is good to hear from you man. What's your job on Jackson Street? I would like to come by and say hello. When are you gonna be there? I will PM you with my phone number. Long time bro.
also they been hand wrecking that tower conversion a few miles south on van ness. Going to do a complete renovation new curtain walls and skins and turn it into residential