Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitach ex300 no hydraulics

Czeno ยท 2018-06-08 20:49

Hi all, this forums is great! Has got me out of a couple binds already. However, this one I need to ask the experts before I do any damage. Earlier today I was loading trucks and I went to put my bucket down when out of nowhere, the hydraulics just quit. Nothing to bucket, arms, tracks or swing! I looked around, checked fluids, hydraulic oil was low and I saw a couple leaks coming from several seals. I wanted to finish the job and get her back to the yard but she didnt make it anyway, as I was poking around, I found two things, one, the hydraulic pilot pump dipstick was bone dry and two, the attached pic shows something that started making a clanking noise after a while (turning machine on and off to test, overall maybe 15min running dry?). It may be related?? Hope someone can help

Replies3
  1. #192U 34062018-06-08 21:06

    That looks like the fuel pump drive coupling in the picture. Couple things come to mind to check are the pilot lockout valve and the pump drive coupling as both those failing will cause no hydraulics.

  2. #2Czeno2018-06-09 06:46

    Thanks for the reply! Ok I'm not sure where the pilot lockout valve would be and how to test it, as for the pump drive coupling, thats inside the 2 pumps right? where would I put a pressure gauge to test that? And what psi should I be looking for? Also, does the dry dipstick have anything to do wih this? I have many small leaks on this machine (recently purchased), some recent ones around the right side pump and 4" pipes feeding them. I'm also wondering if the pilot lines leaking inside the cab has damaged some wires maybe?

  3. #3Czeno2018-06-11 10:16

    Anybody that can guide me with this issue?