Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 120-2 lomp mode

wilko ยท 2018-06-08 22:27

There was a thread a while back about operating in limp mode. The machine in that thread was operating fairly well in limp mode, but mine is extremely slow. Does anyone know how to make limp mode more aggressive? The pin that engages the swash plate is hex shaped, will have to pull the plate to see if the pin can be turned. If so, or if using shims, which way would you go to speed up the hydraulics? Or is this a bad idea for some reason?

Replies2
  1. #1j dirt2018-06-10 20:29

    I used the machine that way for probably 50 hours. I don't think there were any Ill effects. I think to get more flow, the pin would have to be shorter, so grind it down a little? Good luck.

  2. #2wilko2018-06-11 07:21

    Answered my question, I'll try making some gaskets to shim the plate out. Thanks.