Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 150 or Cat 315?

illinoisboy ยท 2012-02-19 11:34

opinions on which machine is better AND why? most guys i know that have ran them both tell me the hitachi/deere hoes will outwork the cat machines but want some more feedback thanks all.

Replies9
  1. #1roadbuilder62012-02-19 11:57

    cat 315

  2. #2illinoisboy2012-02-19 12:20

    why a cat over hitachi? have you ran a hitachi?

  3. #3PDF 22012-02-19 21:36

    I have a 200 hitachi and I really like it.

  4. #4coorecat2012-02-20 00:26

    The 315 is an awesome machine.It's fast, smooth and well balanced for its size in my opinion. Although I am not a Cat fan I owe the utility side of our business to a 315 and a 420 backhoe we leased to get started.I also don't know what it is about the Hitachi/Deere machines. I've ran anything between an 80 and a 450 Hitachi some older and some newer but they seem real sluggish to me from a production pipe job standpoint that is.

  5. #5cjplanthire2012-02-21 09:28

    the 315 cat is the biggest pile of ****e cat ever built ,youd want an engine for every day your going to use it, the hitachi 150 might not be a superb machine but atleast the hitachi wont rob you buying parts like cat will, and they will!

  6. #606Pete2012-02-21 17:58

    I cant say about the Hitachi but I have a 315 bl and it is a good machine not great. It is not as smooth as my 320 but always gets the job done with few breakdowns. As far as parts I find no difference from cat to deere or any others the part you think should be cheep is high and the part you expect to give your first born for is reasonable. For me cat has the part if I order by 9p.m it is there by 7 a.m. sometimes that means alot. If I was buying one today a Cat would be my first choice.

  7. #7coorecat2012-02-21 22:26

    :exactly Around my neck of the woods the parts price is around the same for most manufacturers.

  8. #8CM19952012-03-18 08:54

    I beg to differ.:cool2 I have owned 2 Cat 315CL's and they have been great machines, probably the most reliable of all the Cat machines I have owned. Currently I am slowly looking for another one to add to the stable.

  9. #9DGODGR2012-03-18 15:38

    Sorry cj but that is too broad of a statement to let pass. Have you run them all, or even more than one? I currently own a 2003 315CL. It has been a great machine for 5,000 hours. It has only let me down 1x. A blown o-ring. Cat was at the job in 20 minutes. 40 minutes of down time. That doesn't suck. To the OP: I have not run a Deere or that small of a Hitachi so I can't offer a direct comparison. I really like my 315 though. It's fast, smooth, reliable, and pretty stable (long boom, dipper, and U/C; has thumb and usually a 36" HD bucket). So far, the only thing showing signs of wear are the seat (leatherman has rubbed through the cloth) and the GET.