Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 3cx contractor

basil ยท 2012-02-19 05:59

is there any who have jcb 3cx contractor 100hp 2004 model

Replies13
  1. #1d4c24a2012-02-19 16:10

    used to have an 03 one

  2. #2plantman.uk2012-02-20 11:45

    Not trying to be rude...But Why would you want one of those...bits of junk

  3. #3skata2012-02-20 20:39

    best selling backhoe worldwide, and thats your comment??

  4. #4robin yates uk2012-02-20 22:20

    I owned and operated JCB digger/loaders for many years, Junk? I totally disagree

  5. #5plantman.uk2012-02-21 04:35

    .Correct...that is my comment..and i stick by it....

  6. #6robin yates uk2012-02-21 04:41

    please explain your "bits of junk " comment, thanks

  7. #7plantman.uk2012-02-21 06:01

    Explain what?....It is my opinion based on use and in my opinion which i'm sure i can voice on here they are and always will be a piece of junk..Having had the misfortune to have operated many of them over the years (35+) i find them very uneasy very slow and underpowered all in all a very boring machine to operate..

  8. #8robin yates uk2012-02-21 06:12

    I totally disagree.I am a fan of the Sitemaster.I owned 3 and it was always a pleasure to get in the seat and work.As another poster has said they are the biggest selling machine of their type in the world so I am still mystified as to your negative comments..Uneasy ?? very slow ?? underpowered ?? I don't understand the description uneasy. Ah well you have your opinion and thousands differ

  9. #9skata2012-02-21 18:42

    so explain what model/year? details? making harsh comments without backing it up, is silly.

  10. #10plantman.uk2012-02-24 07:53

    How is it a harsh comment?...what difference does it make as to what year/model?....I have enough seat time in the things to form my opinion and i really don't like them at ALL.

  11. #11robin yates uk2012-02-24 08:53

    so little information makes me think this is just a wind up plantman uk

  12. #12plantman.uk2012-02-24 09:32

    ...I am an plant operator of 35+ years mainly tracked plant and WHY would i want to 'wind' you up? In my previous posts i clearly stated it was in MY opinion that i thought the jcb was a piece of junk. how much clearer can i be. We are all different in our opinions thats what makes the world go round. If you like them so be it. That as i understand it is Your Opinion which i am quite happy to accept.

  13. #13robin yates uk2012-02-24 09:53

    Most of my plant experience has been on rubbers with some tracks, 951,955 traxcavators. The rest have all been JCB or Massey Ferguson.I cannot pass judgement on tracked excavators because my knowledge is small, but my 35 years on rubbers has proved to me the JCB especially since the late 1980s stands above the majority of 180 equipment. There are a couple of European makes, more specialised, which if I was still in the game would certainly warrant my attention, but as I owned 3 JCBs and worked them hard I was mystified when you called them junk. Anyway I have moved on and retired to a foreign land so I agree we can all have an opinion