Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 200 parts interchangeable with 230?

ippielb ยท 2023-04-22 13:41

Sorry i do not have access to a parts diagram to check part numbers for my 1998 hitachi ex250ls-5 but there is a local person parting out two 1997 hitachi ex200's that im looking at grabbing some parts from. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1657319223 I have a mechanical thumb on my excavator right now and have the plumbing going to the end of the stick already. I want to switch it over to the hydraulic thumb. Just don't know if the width and the pin size is the same from the 200 to the 230 sizes. Next is the swing motor, my machine has a newer slew ring from the previous owner. less then 2 thousands hours on it, but there is play in the bucket side to side when fully extended. Is there a spec on how much backlash the gears should have at fully extended? If there any other common parts that fail on these excavators that i should try and pick up for cheap to have as spares?

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-04-22 15:54

    Your machine is a EX230-5 ? The pic of the main hydraulic pump looks to me like a Ex200-3. IIRC, the bucket pins on the 200 and 230 are 80mm. I would buy the thumb , mounting pin and thumb cylinder and leave the rest right there.

  2. #2ippielb2023-04-22 17:40

    Would you happen to know if the stick is the same from both models? He's wanting to just pull the pins and send me with the stick with thumb attached which i am not against. Mine is indeed a ex230lc-5, turns out the ones he has are ex200lc-2.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-04-22 20:12

    Ex230-5 2.96m std stick part # 7021915 EX200-2 2.91m std stick part # 6011038 Apart from the slight length difference, no idea what other dimensions / bore sizes would be. I suspect you will be cutting off the thumb cylinder mount and reinstalling on your EX230 stick.

  4. #4ippielb2023-04-22 20:42

    Thank you for the information, looking at the two sticks on the internet they seem to have a different design geometry wise at the top where the cylinder is. I was planning on cutting the tabs off and welding them onto my stick. I'm going to get measurements from the owner for pin size, and the width between the ears on the thumb so i can make sure it will fit over my pin grabber coupler. Thank you for the information. He want's $2,000 for the thumb, set up, stick, cylinder, and the joystick if it's not burnt. I'll just have to figure out how to install it on my set up. I have a foot pedal to operate the AUX hydraulics right now.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2023-04-22 21:08

    If the joystick is reusable, you will still need a 2 way solenoid valve block , wiring, relays etc to stroke the aux spool both ways. You might find your foot pedal works adequately after all.

  6. #6ippielb2023-04-23 12:54

    Thanks for the information. I'll see if hes got all that still good off a machine that i could get along with it. I'll just have to make sure it all will fit on my machine. I've been looking for a hydraulic thumb for a long time. I just leave my thumb up all the time because it's a pain to get down by myself, lots of in and out of the machine its so heavy. and with my hydraulic pin grabber coupler it doesn't work the best.