I have hydraulic oil in my plantary. Does anybody know how that is getting in their? I know it is coming from the drive motor. Can I take the drive motor off the machine only and leave the plantary on the machine? I was told it could be coming from the parking brake but that guy had a case so he was not sure on my machine. You might call this the final drive.
easiest way to check is plumb a potapower to park brake fitting. tee in a gauge with a ball valve between pump and gauge. use to pump to get 600 - 900 psi on the gauge, shut off the valve, and wait for the pressure to drop. if it does, park brake seals are shot, if it holds, shaft seal in travel motor is likely culprit. normally, you can pull motor and replace park brake seals without disconnecting lines to motor. gets a little tricky lining up friction discs, but a "patient" guy can do it in a try or two. i suggest using portapower to retest park brake BEFORE reinstalling travel motor, less aggravation if ya do cut one.
Thanks for the reply. I just took the whole thing off today and I'm going to take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it.
Motor output shaft seal is toast Based on the vintage of the machine,get them to do the duo cone seal at the same time
What is the duo cone seal?
Its the seal on the back end of the planetary housing,between the stationary section and the rotating bits.