Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi/Airman warning light

673moto · 2020-01-08 12:09

i have another post going about my Airman ax40ur-5... but I thought I should start a new thread for this issue. The red “sys” warning light is on but there is no noticeable issue. The hitachi shares the same instrument panel so was hoping somebody could help me diagnose (since my machine is Japanese characters!)

Replies12
  1. #1mg23612020-01-09 04:58

    Post a picture of your monitor. From that I might be able to get you into the code screen.

  2. #2673moto2020-01-09 10:38

    Here’s the setup and it say e51 at startup

  3. #3673moto2020-01-09 10:53

    I also tried google translate on my phone but it was comical and of little help navigating

  4. #4673moto2020-01-09 11:32

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/303259825886 Would this work on my machine?

  5. #5mg23612020-01-10 04:29

    Sorry, I can't help with that monitor. Maybe Lachau can help you with that one. You should message him these questions. He is very knowledgeable on the Asian built excavators. Again I am not sure what you can read on that particular machine. I would think if your machine is a -5 it should work. I again will defer to Lachau on this one as well. That program should work on all the larger machines.

  6. #6673moto2020-01-10 10:51

    No worries... thanks anyways for the offer and advice on contacting Lachau. I ordered that setup from eBay anyways... figured for the price it’s worth a shot. Thanks again.

  7. #7Vetech632020-01-10 11:22

    ***?! Something Google cant do? NO WAYYYYY

  8. #8673moto2020-01-10 11:47

    My favorite was something about pushing “crazy mode button when making money”. ... but maybe that’s a legitimate button to push when working in Japan?! Ha!

  9. #9tool_king2020-01-28 20:29

    It should if you can find your connection . The book I sent you on the other machine should work also for this one .

  10. #10673moto2020-01-28 20:48

    Yes, that’s where I’m at now... can’t find a connection that fits the diagnostic tool. Will try pulling off some panels over the weekend. Thanks again for all your help!

  11. #11tool_king2020-01-28 20:58

    Can you send me close up shot of what is saying on the display .

  12. #12673moto2020-01-28 21:03

    can get a better pic in the morning with daylight but here’s with the key on but motor not running