Hey all, Does anyone have any info on these machines? Anyone know where I can find or buy a service manual? I believe it is a 1998, serial plate says 55J2. Local landscaping company is selling it with a dead engine, believe it is an Isuzu 4JA1. Anyone know of a source on these? Thanks, John
I think rebuild kits are pretty common for those little engines. I think thats similar to what my old 960 Mustang skidsteer has in it. I've always kinda wanted to rebuild one. WHats wrong with it?
Previous owner said it overheated and stopped running. So not really sure how catastrophic the damage is. A mechanic was taking a look at it awhile back, and seems to have run off with the head. Cylinders full of rain water now. Would it still be rebuildable since the they're sleeved? I'm also quite interested in a rebuild project, esp since he'd take $5k for a (supposedly) otherwise running excavator.
The 55J is a really strong excavator. If your into it for 5K plus a rebuild and all else works and is in decent shape, that would be worth the investment.
Id love to come across a deal like that If you get it post some pics and progress updates!
Anyone else on here own a 55J or 55J2 and have a service manual they can share with me? Willing to pay. CES in Ky gave me a pdf of a service manual and over half of the sections are missing.
Did you tell them to send you the other half?
Heh, not like it has pages 1-150 and missing 151-300. Random pages and sections are missing. They told me this PDF is all they have.
here is a link to the izuzu engine https://www.manualslib.com/download/2362769/Isuzu-4ja1.html
Hers a link to the parts manual https://wimanual.com/shop/ihi-mini-excavator-55j-parts-catalog
Yessir, already have both of those. Still praying one day a full paper copy of the service manual shows up, or someone comes by that can make me a copy.