Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi, Cat or JCB

Auctioneerhere ยท 2023-12-02 10:03

I am looking at buying a ZW80 , 407-409 or a 906. Due to where I live I have to travel long distances to even sit in a compact wheel loader. The ZW80 is priced low enough from some dealers to just buy new. Was quoted $76 & $88K vs some ND dealers at $125K for the same thing. The JCB is difficult to find a deal on brand new. Wide swing, same dealer upswing. I can't seem to find one to look at in person. The CAT would have to be bought at an auction. There are 1/2 dozen auctions with near new CAT 906's in them. So the real question has anyone been running a ZW80? I can't find much on them. The Non emission Dutez engine is a plus in my book.

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2023-12-02 11:48

    https://www.casece.com/northamerica...esults?family=WheelLoadersCompact&seriesId=16 Here is a good link for comparing these. Hitachi is really a Kawasaki. Rassmussen Equipment in Salt Lake has carried them for years. Speak to someone in sales and I am sure they can give your opinions on that loader. Is there a dealer for JCB anywhere near Miles City? My personal opinion, I would look at CAT, Deere and CASE, since you can get support for those in your area.