HEF- I’m thinking I’m crazy, but got on my Hitachi EX120-2, and the controls are different. A worker used it one day on my site, and now, right hand; turns , arm out and in, and left runs boom up and down and bucket. I thought only if manually swap all the lines the controls change? I see no signs of any pilot lines changed, covered with grease and dirt etc. is there an electronic switch that can do this too?
@LACHAU , possibly you know something?
If the pilot lines haven't been changed then the machine has a pattern changer somewhere. All our Cats have them. 325FL and 321DL have mechanical valves and the 305 is electronic accessed through the screen. You're going have to find it. I'm not familiar with Hitachi to know if it's a mechanical valve or electronic. I'd get in the screen/monitor and look first. If not there look by the batteries, behind the cab, in the floorboard and under the cab if there is access.
Thanks, I see now inside the cab side back panel a diagram with patterns labeled , H , M , Y or K. And a pattern change valve. Dang it, lost a whole days worth of work… Well for all of those whom think You have to change the pilot lines , you don’t, it’s just a quick move of a valve.
Well some machines have pattern changes and some don't. I would wager that most new excavators do have them. Glad you got it sorted out!
Congratulations on solving the problem; you solved it so fast that i didn't have time to reply.